Interest in a Hannibal awning group buy

forty4fun

Observer
Awning purchase

I am in. 2.4M. Honolulu, HI.

I will provide Paypal for awning and my FedEx# if you can ship that way.

Thanks

Forty 4fun

ScottReb

Adventurer
Spoke with Hannibal today. Shipping quote is probably off till monday at earliest. He thinks for an order without tents that air freight will be very reasonable vs sea/container. I will have both and we can decide if the cost is worth it. Obviously air is a week plus custom issues vs 4-6 weeks plus customs. I will give everyone the info and we can decide at that point. Have a great weekend!

Forty4fun,
No reason that wont work.

Scott

forty4fun

Observer
scott,

Thanks. Looked into purchasing one from one of their German suppliers and hauling it home on the plane. Your way is alot easier:)

Dave Griffin
Forty4fun

ScottReb

Adventurer
OK guys here is some more info.

Here is the actual cost we will pay to Hannibal-
2.4M awning- $482
2.4 sides- $284
1.9M awning- $397
1.9 sides- $255
1.4M awning- $319

The preliminary shipping quotes is for 12 awnings and 3 sides. I split the sizes for the quote. People have adjusted sizes since I gave him the initial, so this WILL change. Probably a little more. Shouldn't be significant.

Shipping quote- air freight-$ 1375- approx 7-10 days
-sea freight- $831- approx 8 weeks

Now the known cost are the duty fee of 8.8%-add approx $500.

Still have not confirmed a broker, probably not till friday, due to work schedule.
So Im GUESSING/ESTIMATING $300-500

So for now I will say the cost to Northern California will be (assumes broker and misc $1000 and orders stay at current numbers, 12 total)
2.4- $682
sides-$370
1.9- $589
sides-$338
1.4- $505

So here it goes. Let me know if you are still in. I will close this out 11-1-2012. I will expect payment by 11-7-2012. I will place order with Hannibal ASAP. If all goes well we should see merchandise by the end of month. As soon as I finalize everything with a broker and get as much info as I can I will update with solid numbers. If anything changes significantly the numbers will as well. On 11-1 I will get the final numbers to Hannibal and get the exact freight cost, again this will change the numbers a little.

If $40-50 is going to make or break this deal, please DO NOT COMMIT. I dont want to sound harsh but that is the reality. I dont want to do all this work submit numbers to Hannibal and then have 3 people back out. If you must have this by a certain date, do not commit. This is international shipping and customs. It will not arrive as estimated. I also tried to split up the shipping roughly based on how much bigger one is vs another. Please do not nit pick this. Its a few bucks.

For those who are not located in Northern California: I will ship out of my own time. I will measure/weigh and give you all the info I can. You tell me how you want it shipped, which freight, FedEx, Greyhound etc. I will get it out. Again if you need it in a certain time do not commit. I am not a shipper and I work another job. I should be able to get them out within 7 days, depending on when in the week they arrive.

Just so everyone is clear. Im not making any money or freebies or any other incentives on this. I wanted my own awnings and figured its not too much extra work to order 10 instead.

So lets here everyone thoughts, gripes or ideas.
Scott

ScottReb

Adventurer
Couple more thoughts.

If your name is not on page 1 in the list please PM and post another thread.

Second is about mounting. Some of you may know this already and/or better than I. The Hannibal awnings are designed to mount to the side of their rack. I believe the dimensions are 1/2" x 2". I will confirm this when I talk to them next. So mounts must be fabbed up. I have seen a couple different options. Making a L type bracket that mounts to your rack then attaching rack to that. The second I have now seen is an aluminum bar, in the same size as their rack, mounted to your rack. This is slick for one reason. It very easily allows you to use an awning a little longer than your rack. Alot of folks have 2.2M racks and it make the 2.4M awning a good one. You will hardly notice the extra length and you gain more shade. I will try and round up a couple pics of different mounting options. Please feel free to add pics, thoughts and ideas for this as well.

Scott

toymaster

Explorer
Sounds reasonable to me. I'm in for a 1.9 awning. I would think a paypal account would be the easiest way to get you money. If you do not think so it will take 5-7 days for a check to reach you mailed snail-mail. Let us know preferred payment when the time comes. Thanks for doing this :D

ScottReb

Adventurer
PayPal will be the payment of choice. Really the only one. Please have that in place. I really dont want to deal with checks and banks. Did I mention PLEASE......

Seriously if you really have an aversion to PP we can talk about another form. But it really is easy for me.

Thanks

ScottReb

Adventurer
Ok guys current update. Edited 10-31

Broker costs appear to be slightly better than estimated. So far looking less than $300 in SF. I will not change cost until the final number of awnings is confirmed, since other things will change if we decrease our order. I've only got in or out from about half. Now I need more yes or no from those that said they were in.

Here are my positives so far:
ScottReb- 2.4&1.4
Mike T- 2.4
Dmoz-2.4 w sides
Ttn333-1.9 w sides
Toymaster-1.9
Koly- 1.9
Ddub-2.4
Forty4fun- 2.4
Burt- 1.9 w sides

If I missed anyone let me know. Those of you who were on the fence please say give me a shout with a no. The sooner I'm sure we have no more the sooner we can place out order.

Thanks again
Scott

Last edited:

koly

Observer
Put me down for a YES on a 1.9 in Phoenix.

Do we have any kind of ballpark for shipping to their final destinations once they arrive using standard shipping via UPS? I wouldn't imagine CA to AZ would be anything too surprising, but I have no idea...

Thanks for organizing this!

ScottReb

Adventurer
Updated.

As far as shipping around the west. Im guessing $60-100 most. We can also post here if anyone is making a Northern CA to AZ/SoCal trip. Its time for us northerners to head to Death Valley and AZ to escape our "winter." Just depends on how soon you want your new toys!

mvbeggs

Adventurer
When are you pulling the trigger on this?

I'm interested, but I need to decide which trailer I'm purchasing. Won't know that until I take a look at AT's teardrop in late November to early December.

What is your deadline for order placement?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94