Brendan & Elly - Lap Around Australia

lapofaustralia

Brendan & Elly
Hi Everyone,

We are Brendan & Elly. We're in the late planning stages of our lap around Australia. We'll be on the road for 76 weeks (minimum) non stop, heading into every outback corner of our great country.

We're early 30's, I've done the corporate thing for the last 14 years, Elly has been studying a double degree in Law and Criminology the last 5 years, and we're leaving all that behind for a couple of years to discover more about ourselves and the country.

You can read a bit more about us here: http://www.lapofaustralia.com.au/about-us

We're also on all the social platforms, so if you like, you can follow us there as well. We can't wait to meet all sorts of fantastic people all over the country. We'll be documenting our trip in depth on our website, on forums, and on the social sites, and we're both mad keen photographers as well, so there will be plenty of (hopefully) amazing pictures for everyone to look at too.

You can also check out our current trip plan here: http://www.lapofaustralia.com.au/blog/trip-plan-detailed

From now until when we leave we will be posting various weekend "shake-down" trips, and we will also be documenting the build up of our truck, which is a 1992 Toyota Landcruiser 1HDT 80 series GXL.

We can't wait to embark on our journey, and meet and share with many new friends along the way.

- Thanks, Brendan & Elly

Last edited:

p1michaud

Expedition Leader
G'day Brendan & Elly.
Nice web site. Looking forward to reading more about your adventure. When are you departing: February 2013?
Cheers,
P

lapofaustralia

Brendan & Elly
Hi mate,

Thanks for the compliment on the website. We're trying to keep it as clean and easy to read as possible.

And yep, February 2013 is our planned departure date. We'll head down through the Victorian High Country to begin with, then across to Adelaide, and by that stage it will have cooled off enough for us to head up across the Simpson desert.

We can't wait!

lapofaustralia

Brendan & Elly
Hi Everyone,

I'm just letting you know that I have posted a little freebie give-away on Facebook.

I was pretty stoked to hit 400 "likes" so I decided I would give away a book. Since then we've surpassed 700 likes!

It's not a business competition, it's just me being generous and trying to promote our Lap of Australia Facebook page.

So if you're interested, check out our Facebook page - the giveaway post is at the top.

http://www.facebook.com/LapOfAustralia

- Thanks, Brendan :)

Matto

Observer
Good luck with the trip guys - I wish you a safe and fun-filled time. Given the photographic gear you're carrying, I'm looking forward to the photos!

Cheers,
Matto :)

Hunter2

Wishing you a wonderful adventure!

We only had 70 days for our One Lap in 2011 (not including the test drive Brisbane/Sydney return)...and...we missed Tasmania.

So, returning in mid-October to travel Brisbane to Melbourne for the ferry and the Island State. Will be in Hobart for Tasminifest November 10th.

www.MiniAdventureAustralia.com

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles