Four Wheel Camper on Trailer

CLynn85

Explorer
Anyone ever put a four-wheel camper on a trailer? This guy did:
tn_32_sm.gif

Pretty neat concept. I'd imagine you could go with the shortbed model and build storage underneath of the cab overhang portion to make the best use of space.

This is kind of one of those, "why didn't I think of that???" moments. Makes me wish I hadn't sold mine. Not the greatest for off-road capability but would be perfect for weekend trips where you can leave a base camp and could still remove it from the trailer and put it back on the truck if you wanted to go somewhere where greater mobility was required.

VikingVince

Explorer
I like the inventiveness of that...like you say, probably not real offroad capable, but that's probably not what he's into...and he has a very creative version of a popup tent camper with a smaller footprint and it looks like he has a pretty good trailer there...better than most tent trailers anyway...there must be a "story" behind that...fun!

kcowyo

ExPo Original
I think the story Vince, is that he owns an SUV. ;)

I've seen that photo and thought it a neat idea as well. I've looked at my own 2 place snowmobile trailer and thought I could do that as well, with utility storage boxes and jerry cans around the base. I would leave the jack stands at home though.

It's always cool to see someone thinking about things from a different angle.

VikingVince

Explorer
Hey KC..."leave the jack stands at home"...just what I was thinking also...would look alot cooler that way

re the "story"...who knows...yeah, he has an SUV now but maybe he had it on a truck and a wife...they have a baby...wife says we need an SUV, the rig has to go...guy is horrified...what? sell our escape rig for an SUV?...no way...wife lays down the law...guy says how about a compromise?...voila!...there's gotta be some interesting story behind that!

Your idea would be tre' cool...a trailer with snowmobiles and your FWC

cyclic

Adventurer
I'll bet he uses the jacks to stabalize the rig. If he had some bases to put under the legs it would be very stable even in sand.

BigAl

Expedition Leader
I've seen those on 24' trailors at Paragon. The camper sits at the front and the rear is to haul the rock buggy. I like this idea even better

Last edited:

ntsqd

Heretic Car Camper
Years ago a friend & I talked of putting his Lance on the front end of a Gooseneck with parking on the back for his rock-crawler/hunting rig.

MISF & I planned to put his old Alaskan on the Cheep Utility Trailer, but he lost space for the Alaskan b4 the trailer was ready. Just as well, the Alaskan was done.......

Colorado Ron

Explorer
CRAP! I thought that was going to be my cool idea! He is even pulling it with my suburban! Im never as original as I think I am.LOL

The one tidbit Ill add was on my idea, I was going to add those bed drawers between the camper and actual trailer for more storage. I would have to measure to make sure it wouldnt be too high, but I think it would work.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior