Looking for a free iPad

Sempertoy

Explorer
I know this may be an alarming title, and I don't want my message to be misconstrued. I am just trying to "network" and see if there is someone out there that works for a company that is involved in supporting veterans with school items.

My basic background. I joined the Marines at 21 after two years of volunteer work in Sweden. I got married at 22, deployed that same year, came back and started going to night school. I have since completed my associates degree through Central Texas College with a 3.2 GPA.

I have applied to a few schools in both Utah and Texas, I have been accepted to the University of Utah, The University of the Incarnate word in San Antonio and am waiting to hear back from the University of Texas San Antonio as well as UT Austin. I am really hoping to get into UT Austin as they have a great business program. I plan on studying International Business.

My dream job is to eventually be able to open my own expedition outfitting shop. A one stop place where people can bring their rigs and get all the goodies put in from one location. I would hope to be successful enough to travel this beautiful nation with friends and family.

I am more than willing to sit down and talk to any member on here about my experiences in the Corps, what it was like being deployed and the re-adjustment that comes along with it, as well as going to school while in the military. Like I said above, I am not just looking for a handout from anyone on this forum, I just know that some people on here may have employers that have money burning holes in their pockets!

Why do I want an iPad? I love Mac products and think they work brilliantly. I put my old black MacBook through the paces in Afghanistan and it just kept on ticking. I realize the importance of modern electronics in the school system, especially at a school like UT Austin.

Thanks for the time and consideration, let me know if there are any questions that I can answer.

Jon H.

Sempertoy

Explorer
No longer looking. A very generous member on mud brought this to the attention of their employer. Thanks to anyone that was on the lookout for a donation!

X-plorenow

Adventurer
Good luck to you, I am glad that you found a solution! And thank you for your service!!

No longer looking. A very generous member on mud brought this to the attention of their employer. Thanks to anyone that was on the lookout for a donation!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne