Free CAD software?

DesertBoater

Adventurer
I'm not really sure this is the right place to put this thread, but as it pertains to a table for my FWC, I guess this made the most sense. As is fairly obvious in the title, I'm looking for a free CAD program to assist in the design of both a Lagun-style table for inside the camper, as well as a rafting-style table for outside. I'm trying to see if I can use 80/20 extrusions and fittings to reduce the complexity and simplify construction, however they require a CAD drawing to get a quote/order. Any thoughts/suggestions?

Cheers,
West

bahndo

Supporting Sponsor: Bahn Camper Works
You can buy that stuff from mcmaster-carr, my guess is you are only building 1 or two in which case 80\20 would most likely refer you to a retailer of theirs (like mcmaster). Hope this helps,
-Bahndo

Stan@FourWheel

Explorer
<<design of both a Lagun-style table for inside the camper, as well as a rafting-style table for outside>>

something like this ?

Attachments

• P1020018.jpg
    P1020018.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 11

crawldit

Adventurer
If you have a smart phone or tablet, AutoCAD has a free app. I've used the Apple and the Google versions to look at drawings before, and it works good enough. Haven't tried creating drawings though.

DesertBoater

Adventurer
Stan,
I've tried downloading Google Sketch-up, but it doesn't seem to agree with the most recent Mac OS...

That photo looks like an upside down version of what I'm trying to create for the inside table. I really like the way that the lagun can be adjusted up, down, and in and out...

Bahndo,
I didn't realize that McMaster Carr carried extrusions and fittings...I'll have to check that out.

Cheers,
West

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz