Cab grab rail fail

fg4oz

Adventurer
I fell out of my truck last night holding onto the interior grab bar. It just snapped. Anyone else experienced the same thing? It's a 2008 fg649. I noticed the new canter has a more solid one piece bar.

Amesz00

Adventurer
you mean the plastic one on the A-pillar? if so then yea, that one snapped on my old 649 as well. made it interesting getting into, with 39s, 3" of suspension and no bottom step...

fg4oz

Adventurer
Yep. That's the one. Just ordered a new one through Mitsubishi. Sure is hard getting in and out. Had a salad roll for lunch instead of a pie so that might assist as well!

whatcharterboat

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Yeah Ben.....often see them broken on older trucks especially those that might have had a hard life in a quarry or construction site.

"Pie or salad roll" ...not going there!!!! Haha.

This is our answer.

image.jpg

Last edited:

blackduck

Explorer
I fell out of my truck last night holding onto the interior grab bar. It just snapped. Anyone else experienced the same thing? It's a 2008 fg649. I noticed the new canter has a more solid one piece bar.

same happened on my drivers side didnt snap off but looked dodgy
no other reason than im a "chunky gent"
swapped it for the one on the LHS just for looks
then the wife used it to get in the cab and fell on her ***
it was hilarious
it was hard to detect my concern and sympathy for the howling laughter
needless to say shes got the good one and i use the door frame

hinocairnseclipse

well glad to hear it was hilarious and not tragic... I got em on both sides on the outside of the cab too, makes walking along the mudguard to the rear a breeze :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12