dust proofing enclosed car trailer

gary and jane

Stuffed up 1st attempt, will have another go! Hi all, 1st time user but a regular reader. I am currently building a fully enclosed alloy car trailer to carry my suzi inside and boat on top behind my Isuzu All Terrain Warrior. I would like to circulate fresh air into the trailer via some form of dust proof venting. I have barn doors at the rear all fully sealed and no other openings. I also have 2 fuel cupboards on the sides of the trailer which are completely separate from the inside of the trailer, these I would like to dust proof vent as well. Is there anyone out there who has been succesful with this type of dust proof venting and could guide me. Many thanks Gary

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
Do you have any pictures of the trailer?

You could create the opening somewhere on the body and on the inside you use a modified vehicle air cleaner box with a fan to draw air through the air cleaner element.
Just like with your vehicle, you can remove the air filter to clean or replace it. Some form of on-board air might prove useful for this, and other purposes.
You would probably need two openings; an in and an out, unless your desire was to pressurise the inside of the trailer. The out could be as simple as a flap valve, or you could use another filter.

Having the opening at the back or front of the trailer would incur more dust while driving, due to vortex air flow.
If going down this route, positioning the intake/s on the sides would probably be preferable.

Ruderacing

You could try pressurising with something like this http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Jabsco-4...701?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item58955e890d

To filter the air going in one of those pod type air cleaners should do the trick. I have one of these blowers i plan to fit to my jayco expanda to try and keep the dust out of the bloody thing. After doing a couple of trips through the great central road from Kal to Alice Springs the dust just seems to get in the smallest holes lol.
cheers

blackduck

Explorer
If you can install a small pop up hatch on the forward end of the roof above the muck your truck kicks up then you might be able to stop a bit of it by increasing the air pressure inside the trailer.
but you wont stop it no matter what you do
the best option is a couple of hand brooms and a case of whiskey, oh and about 6 months
Im still cleaning lumps of the pilbra out of what i thought was a well sealed compartment and believe i will be for some time to come
every time you think youve got it all you find another deposit
its all part of the enjoyment of dirt road travel :victory:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior