$1200 '88 Toyota 4x4 Van Project For Sale through IH8MUD

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
The previous owner has pretty much toasted the interior of this van, so highest and best use is probably to turn it into a camper. That, plus the price drop, gets me to mention it here, completely FWIW:

The exterior doesn't look too desperate:

file-44.jpg

but I'm sure that the whole enterprise would be a challenge. Still, there are some ExPo members who like these little vans, and some with all the skills to resurrect it, so I post the link here in case there's any intersection of the two groups.

Located in Salt Lake City. And I don't know anything about it except what you, too, can read in this Mud thread:

http://forum.ih8mud.com/vehicles-tr...199-1988-toyota-4x4-van-slc-ut-1-800-obo.html

Stumpalump

Expedition Leader
Plaster interior is quite creative but if you can get passed that then make sure the original cooling problem did not toast the engine. Check for smoke and blow by.

Itsavanman

Adventurer
yeah those are very known for popping head gaskets at 200-230k miles, they chalk it up to the cooling system being marginal at best, that with the very tight engine bay, but, if you do find one for cheap with a bad head gasket, don't fret they are not as hard to work on as everyone thinks, the hatch lifts up that covers the engine, and the passenger side floor unbolts and then the engine is siting unobstructed to work on, still tight, but not horrid like everyone thinks from the view you get when you open the access hatch... those vans are fun as hell.. i would get one if i could find one cheap enough...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior