LX450 + CHINOOK CONVERSION

swcruiser

Observer
Thanks Mike. Thats not even the whole story. I showed up to pickup the Chinook with the LX intact. The owner spent atleast a day and a half helping to chop the lx and mount the chinook for a drive to AZ. He was a great guy! Also totally into seing the end product. couldn't have done it without his help. I gave him some extra dinero.

Thanks for the info on the stove. It looks super functional and easy to clean. Yes, Its nearly impossible to find this kind of well integrated equipment in the states. I see a lot of stuff that looks like it hasn't changed in decades.

THanks for the note on inspections... Mine will be fully protected by sliders and a separate grill. but yes I was thinking there are regulations about placement/protection.

teleturns

Adventurer
These old Chinock campers are great. My mom loves her converted 1988 4x4 Pickup. She has 240K miles with this set up and the camper is still in great shape.

20120324_151240.jpg

swcruiser

Observer
Thats a nice looking chinook. I think i have a preference of having an angular front end such as the one you posted. I thought about the 100 series also but i think the front end on it is not proportionally right (not tall enough). anyway, it seems the community that know these campers really love them. I hope i become one of them!

swcruiser

Observer
Thank you! hope i inspire some more builds. BTW,no luck on the SMEV 941. checked everyones recommendations on where to buy but no luck. My final option is a friend in Oz. hope it works out...

N8URE2

Adventurer
I'm interested in a stove similar to what you posted. I will be using in a VW van build I'm working on. I really only want one burner, but I have found these.
http://panther-rvproducts.com/SMEV_c131.htm
I have not ordered or dealt with the vendor yet nor do I know anything about availabilty or the quality of the product.
I will be doing a little more homework before purchasing, but I wanted to share since I was also afraid I would have to go the import route to get that style fixture.

Overland Hadley

on a journey
.... nor do I know anything about availabilty or the quality of the product.

SMEV is top quality! And I have never heard anything bad about Panther RV, but I have never dealt with them personally.

I really like my glass top sink and hob. I bought them on ebay before the US distributor went away.

swcruiser

Observer
Ive spoken to the guys at Panther and they seem like good guys. I was interested in a different model at the time but they told me they could only get the ones shown on the website. He was nice and tried to provide other options to find one but those didn't work. Seems like everything i want is difficult to get! ahhh well..

AeroNautiCal

Explorer
The beautiful but expensive Can Foldy sink/hob combi units are very neat, I almost bought the twin burner version of this, but held off as I really want a grill too.

I love how the gas ring vanishes when the sink lid closes (the tap folds down), a very clever space saving unit.

LC1701.jpg

SLO_F-250

Explorer
WOW!!!! I really like that stove/sink combo! :Wow1: Too bad they are so expensive. YIKES!

swcruiser, How about some more pictures! We like pictures! haha :ylsmoke:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles