Garmin maps, topos etc

snowbear

Observer
I have been looking for a set of map files I can use on my Garmin 76C. So far I've found one product Cartografia E32 but can't find anywhere to purchase or download it. Anyone here have experience with this product? What other navigation tools are you using?

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
Well, I am trying to ressucitate a older Garmin Nuvi - it's been a while since I have used it..

kbeefy

Adventurer
I've been playing with MOBAC a bit, you can get the mapquest openstreet maps in it. Haven't located any topo's yet though.

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
I have uploaded the Garmin one but my GPS refuses to "acquire satellites". So I can't really test it right now

snowbear

Observer
I've been playing with MOBAC a bit, you can get the mapquest openstreet maps in it. Haven't located any topo's yet though.

Ken, any success w/MOBAC? I have Backcountry Navigator. It's nice for US roads, trails and topos. No online source for Mx they suggest building your own w/MOBAC. Probably in over my head there.

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
I have installed the full Garmin North America set of maps on my Nuvi.

Apparently it's not too bad for Mexico - it probably does not have all the offroad trail/topo and such but should be good enough to find my way around if needed.

snowbear

Observer
I got E32 installed. It looks like a great product. Service was fast and instructions good. It works in basecamp and mapsource. I am more familiar w/mapsource so I am using it. If I could figure out how to load the files into backcountry navigator to run on my cell phone I'd be set!

snowbear

Observer
That sux. I tried downloading a bunch of street maps for use on cell phone while its offline and found that most didn't actually dl. Out of 65,000 files, 2G, maybe 100 are good

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles