Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Garmin maps, topos etc

I have installed the full Garmin North America set of maps on my Nuvi.

Apparently it's not too bad for Mexico - it probably does not have all the offroad trail/topo and such but should be good enough to find my way around if needed.
    Christian

CTO Expedition Portal
    www.expeditionportal.com
    www.overlandjournal.com

I installed the Mexico set from Open Street Maps and it seems to be about on par with the screen shots I saw of the Garmin City Navigator Mexico NT maps.
    Here is what Guanajuato and Bacalar look like using Open Street.
    Christian can you post screen shots of the Garmin maps for Guanajuato and Bacalar?

Last edited by Detslider; 11-17-2012 at 05:06 PM.

I got E32 installed. It looks like a great product. Service was fast and instructions good. It works in basecamp and mapsource. I am more familiar w/mapsource so I am using it. If I could figure out how to load the files into backcountry navigator to run on my cell phone I'd be set!

Default Guanajuato in E32

Here is a screen shot from E32
    Attached Images Attached Images

Argh!
    After not being tech savy enough to figure out how to make the free Open Street Maps work on my Garmin 60csx I broke down and ordered the Garmin City Navigator North America map set.
    Then, after 5 years of complaint free usage, my 60csx decided to get all goofy and quit working on the same night that I'm trying to upgrade it with a legit set of maps.
    Damn.
    Garmin wants $150 to swap for a refurbished unit. I doubt that could be accomplished before we depart.
    Looks like I'll be upgrading to a new unit. The GPSmap has treated me well and I like that it's a do-all GPS; trail, road, Geocache...
    The GPSmap 62s seems like the way to go.

That sux. I tried downloading a bunch of street maps for use on cell phone while its offline and found that most didn't actually dl. Out of 65,000 files, 2G, maybe 100 are good

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12