Thread: Who's staying around for Christmas? Where do you want to spend Christmas Eve?

Default Who's staying around for Christmas? Where do you want to spend Christmas Eve?

Our friends Mark/Suna are flying out of Cancun on Dec 25th. We are thinking of renting a house somewhere near a beach in Mexico to spend Christmas, then we'll head over to Belize and Guatemala.

Anyone has suggestion on a place to spend Christmas Eve?
    Christian

CTO Expedition Portal
    www.expeditionportal.com
    www.overlandjournal.com

anywhere on the beach, hopefully with an endless supply of Rum and fresh fish
    Scott Brady
    Instagram - @globaloverland

Overland Journal
    G-Wagen | Defender 110 | Land Cruiser BJ74 | Moto Guzzi V7

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Brady View Post
    anywhere on the beach, hopefully with an endless supply of Rum and fresh fish
    That shouldn't be hard to find.

Lowell, Massachusetts and Denver, Colorado
    We're staying on Caye Caulker on 12/24 and 12/25 in case anybody makes it that far. We might head to Ambergris Caye after that. We fly out of Cancun on 12/31 and we're in Tikal on 12/21 and Palenque several days before that. Sorry I can't keep track of where the rally goes when but if you see four lost looking gringos on foot it might be us!!!
    Graham Fitter

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand.

So you don't think the world is gonna end!?! We are really close to being "all in"!

Now if the world doesn't end, AND I go back to work, I don't have to be there until Jan 30th. So we will be bumming around somewhere for the holidays. We are interested in the house renting idea. Can you get a place for a week or two? Any idea on cost?

we'll probably be staying, I imagine, right there in Bacalar for at least a week, maybe past the the new year.

I'm trying to answer that question myself. If you find yourself in southern Guatemala or El Salvador (my two likely locations) drop me a line. Maybe we can have an expo get-together.
    Traveling the Americas via my '84 HJ60 | Flickr | Blog | Trip Thread |