Hauling A Motorcycle With A Truck Camper

flylow4500

Observer
The tail lights on the first rack I built are partially blacked for sure. I built the first rack the night before I left town. :) Tail lights are an easy addition that are standard on all the racks I produce now.

1588516138511.jpeg

Ninelitetrip

The tail lights on the first rack I built are partially blacked for sure. I built the first rack the night before I left town. :) Tail lights are an easy addition that are standard on all the racks I produce now.

View attachment 583284

Really nice looking work. Did you also design a ramp to integrate with it, or just any generic ramp? From the previous picture with the GS loaded, looks like it might be a handful loading and unloading solo? Watching your RAM build, really really nice work.

flylow4500

Observer
Thanks.
The ramp nests below the track, it’s long enough to allow easy solo loading. Most toterhomes have air suspension that can be lowered for effortless loading.

Ninelitetrip

Thanks.
The ramp nests below the track, it’s long enough to allow easy solo loading. Most toterhomes have air suspension that can be lowered for effortless loading.

So for your current build on the RAM, would you use this exact same design for a full size p/u? I realize there are different considerations for access to the camper on say a slide in rear entry vs. a flatbed side entry. And you can still tow with this setup, at least in the 5000 - 10000 lbs. range?

flylow4500

Observer
Tow off the rack? Heck no! Way too much leverage. If the bike can’t fit in or on the trailer you need a bigger trailer or leave the bike at home.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne