Coleman Stoves

kevint

Adventurer
Some suggest adding some Seafoam (any auto store carries) into the bit of Coleman fuel I suggested adding and then burning off

That's funny. As I've been following this thread, I've wondered about using Seafoam. It works magic in my Honda generator. I was afraid to put Seafoam in my coleman fuel for fear I'd "splode myself to smithereens." Also, it makes a fair bit of white smoke in my generator.

Has anyone actually tried this idea?

dirtyrotten

I love my Coleman 425. I have had it close to 18 years I believe. Parents bought it for me for my birthday when I was a teen. My wife just bought a barely used 424 for $15 yesterday. I am going to try the Seafoam when I get back from overseas, very informative.

mkitchen

Explorer
Kicking my self

For years, I have used an old stove that was given to me by my inlaws. It was a Coleman of unsure vintage that I converted to propane with a cheap adapter and hoses to a 20 pound bottle. I was also given a red Coleman single mantle lantern. I had some extra funds and up graded to late model stuff and gave away my old stuff and now I really miss it. Both items were from the 50's and were in good working order. I am trying to gather up some old stuff for the Old Iron Runs and Relic Runs (though not required for Old Iron Runs) and it is hard to find since I hate to waste time going to yard sales and swap meets. Sure miss the old stuff now.
Mikey

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
I am trying to gather up some old stuff for the Old Iron Runs and Relic Runs (though not required for Old Iron Runs) and it is hard to find since I hate to waste time going to yard sales and swap meets. Sure miss the old stuff now.
Mikey

Antique/junk shops are a great source for old Coleman stuff. My first 3 lanterns came from antique shops and the most we paid for any of them was maybe $35.

I bought a coleman 2 burner stove off of CL two days ago. Seems to be pretty decent condition, even got a gallon of Coleman fuel with it (CF is $10/gallon at most stores!)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles