HAM Operators- Post up here

JJS2

licensed - still no equipment

Hi all, I passed the Technician and General tests last August. My intended use is with a mobile rig for on-trail communication and (God forbid) for calling for help if in-need while far off-road.
I am still assessing my actual needs, so I have not yet gotten a unit. I intend to review others' posts on this Forum, for radio selection ideas.

Jim KE8EYA
Western Michigan
2015 Jeep JKU

LR Max

Local Oaf
Hi all, I passed the Technician and General tests last August. My intended use is with a mobile rig for on-trail communication and (God forbid) for calling for help if in-need while far off-road.
I am still assessing my actual needs, so I have not yet gotten a unit. I intend to review others' posts on this Forum, for radio selection ideas.

Jim KE8EYA
Western Michigan
2015 Jeep JKU

I was in the same boat. I bought a used Icom ID-51 hand held. Used because it slashes the price tag in half. Overall, it has fulfilled my needs and for ham radio, you always need a hand held. I would say, start there.

camodog

Adventurer
Got my license today

KE0MRU

I have no equipment or experience yet, will most likely get the UV-5RB for starters.

wreckdiver1321

Overlander
Just got my call sign after passing my tech and my general about ten days ago.

KI7MEV

Already have the UV-5R+, but I need to pick up the Nagoya 771 and bigger battery for it. Going to get a mobile setup for my truck soon too.

MisterTinkle

Adventurer
Nice callsign. MEV = Mega Electron Volts :)
Was it assigned, or vanity?

Just got my call sign after passing my tech and my general about ten days ago.

KI7MEV

Already have the UV-5R+, but I need to pick up the Nagoya 771 and bigger battery for it. Going to get a mobile setup for my truck soon too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles