New Chev Express 3500 IFS Conversion

Clydesdale

Observer
Here is a project that we have been working on. We have been wanting to delve into the Chev 4wd conversion market for some time now and we finally have a product that we are comfortable with. We have adapted a Chev 2500HD front diff into the express chassie, along with about 5-7" of lift depending on torsion bar adjustment. We were also able to keep the torsion bars raised up high in the chassie to take advantage of a higher breakover point under the frame rails. I will leave my info at that and i would be interested to hear any feedback, or questions that you guys have.
Chev clydesdale.jpgchev clydedale 1.jpgchev clydesdale 4.jpgchev clydesdale 5.jpgHPIM3246.jpgHPIM3252.jpgHPIM3251.jpg

Clydesdale

Observer
This is not a DIY kit as there is alot of fab work involved around the drivers side motor mount and the passengers side diff mount, along with the transmission and torsion bar crossmember, not to mention the fab work involved in the two front crossmembers that are highly modified.

Photog

Explorer
The system looks nice. With all the fabrication and modification, I assume it is built very stout, for the typical loads carried in a 3500?

We have a 3500 Express RV, that weighs 9500 pounds, and we are saving for a 4x4 conversion. We currently have a 3" spindle lift up front.

In the truck/suv world, the "bracket lifts" are typically not as strong as the factory setup or a straight axle. Your system looks like it has the same type of parts found in a "bracket lift". What have you designed into your system, to make it strong enough to bump into curbs, rocks, etc., with the van loaded to 9000 pounds (it is a 3500 with a 9600 GVW)?

IMG_0481.jpg

Clydesdale

Observer
Thanks for the questions. I will agree that this system may not be as strong as a solid axle dana 60 but it think it serves its purpose very well. It will allow the use of a 33" tire with no issues. 35" would need a higher ride height acheived by cranking the torsion bars as well as some trimming and modifications to the bumper skirt and possibly bottom of the front fender. We believe that in alot of cases your vehicle is only as strong as you want it to be. Every vehicle has its limitations, as long as you know those limitations there will be no problems with IFS style conversion. We do not feel that the bracket style lift/conversion will cause us any issues in the future.

On a side note we would like to offer a dana 60 conversion in the future but we are taking things one step at a time.

We are currently selling this conversion for $14,900 CAN, and it reuses factory tires and wheels. Many options are available over and above that.

Clydesdale

Observer
here are 2 more vans that we are starting on. the one on the far hoist will get an arb rear airlocker along with 285/75/16 goodyear duratrac tires, and procomp wheels and an Aluminess rear bumper mounted tire carrier530675_523657794333365_792067022_n.jpg

NorthernWoodsman

Adventurer/tinkerer
Nice to see someone doing something different out there. Not really a Chevy fan myself, but I gotta admit it's nice to someone making options for the Chevy folk out there as most conversions seem very Ford-centric (which is fine for me since I prefer Fords).

Clydesdale

Observer
Here is another van that we just completed for a customer
2011 G3500 6.0L
Clydesdale IFS 4wd Conversion
ARB Rear Air Locker
ARB CKMA12 Compressor
ARB Tire inflation kit
Aluminess Spare tire carrier
285/75/16 Goodyear Duratrac Tires
16" Procomp Ally Wheels
Dual 5" Wurton 10 watt LED Driving lights

We will be building a twin to this one in near months for the same company.
Remco 3.jpg
Remco.jpg
dash.jpg

Clydesdale

Observer
Here is a van that we had built last year equipped with some new tires and wheels.
285/75/16 ******** Cepek FCII Tires
16" American Eagle Wheels
Shawn.jpg

Clydesdale

Observer
here is another van that we just finished installing a 4wd conversion on. We added aluminess front and rear bumpers, hotchkis heavy duty rear sway bar, bilstien 5100 front and rear shocks, Nitto tires, Monster wheels, and it will be receiving aluminess nerf bars once the ground effects are removed.
Dan Smith 4.jpg
Dan Smith 3.jpg
Dan Smith 2.jpg

Clydesdale

Observer
we have been busy around the shop lately. I just wanted to share some of the vans that we have created lately.

chev 1.jpg
2 vans that we built for Oil Rig crew vehicles running 265/75/16 Goodyear duratracs
chev 2.jpg
chev 3.jpg
Here is a duramax that we built running Aluminess front and rear bumpers along with their side rails and expedition kit. Arb rear locker and compressor with tire inflation kit, Lightforce 170 lights in the bumper and backup lights in the rear. 285/75/16 BFG a/t tires on Ultra wheels.
chev 4.jpg
chev 5.jpg
Here is the twin to the first Remco van that we built featuring:
Clydesdale IFS 4wd Conversion
ARB Rear Air Locker
ARB CKMA12 Compressor
ARB Tire inflation kit
Aluminess Spare tire carrier
Aluminess Front bumper with Warn Winch
Aluminess Ladder and roof rack
285/75/16 Goodyear Duratrac Tires
16" Procomp Ally Wheels