2008 Earthroamer XV-LT For Sale, Serial #95

amphibpilot

For Sale: Earthroamer XV-LT #95
2008 Earthroamer on Ford F-550 4x4 Crew Cab Chassis, 6.4l V-8 diesel, Pueblo Gold Clearcoat, 5yr/60,000 mile Powertrain warranty still in force, 30,100 miles.

LOCATED: Winter Haven, Florida

PRICE: $165,000

KNOWN PROBLEMS: None, excellent condition
DESCRIPTION: I am the second owner. This vehicle was the first owners second ER and has many improvements based on his experience with the first. I added a Warn 9t winch at the front, gas can carrier at the spare, fresh water tank temperature monitor, insulated cushions to plug walk thru to retain heat or cool in the “house”, additional insulation in the fairing under the fresh water tank, and a manually installed awning that works very well. I have also replaced the AGM batteries serving the “house” and the truck batteries during 2012. All batteries are the same make and model as originally equipped.
REASON FOR SELLING: I plan on ordering a stretched Earthroamer in 2013 after selling this one. The ER design is excellent, and while ER #95 is nearly perfect in that balance of maneuverability vs. interior space, the recent addition of the stretched version (LTS), is appealing, especially for longer trips with two or more persons.
Earthroamer XV-LTs have made some impressive trips, such as a 2 ½ year trip around the world. With power functions on the truck requiring diesel or solar power, it is very easy to camp away from any connection for weeks at a time.

For a list of Earthroamer XV-LT standard features, please review the Earthroamer website at: http://www.earthroamer.com/xv-lt/

NOTES SPECIFIC TO ER #95:
Driving: The Michelin XZA-2 Energy steering tires and the XDA-2 Energy drive tires (both 295/60 R22.5 on Alcoa aluminum rims) are great on and off the highway. Since 95% of driving on has been on pavement, the combination was perfect, and even off road, the combo still performed well.
Driving Lights: In addition to the HID Hella high-beam lights and Hella fog lights, there is a pair of PIAA HID driving lights
Fuel Tanks: This truck has the optional 50-gallon front fuel tank for a total of 90 gallons and more than 1,000 mile range on the highway.
Recovery: There are tow loops on the frame rails and a 2 inch receiver point at the front of the truck. A Warn 9t winch with remote controller has also been added at the front.
Security: ER#95 has Jimmy Jammers in all four doors and trailer hitch pin bolt locks on all five doors. An optional ignition disable relay is available if desired.
Audio/Navigation in cab: This truck has first class sound, a Garmin touch screen GPS, hands free phone integration, iPod playback, XMSirius Radio dock, and excellent back-up camera along with a 4x75 watt amp with 150 watt sub-woofer. 110 volt and 12 volt outlets were added in the center console and between the seats on the front of the center console for charging electronics.
Rear Seats/Storage Deck: A plywood deck has been fabricated for the rear seat area and is supported with brackets mounted on the rear seat attach fittings. The deck is at the same level as the “house” floor and is covered in the same flooring material. Storage below the deck is used for tire chains, ladder, fishing pole cases, kayak paddles, electric cables and water hose. The leather rear seats are included in this sale and can easily replace the deck when desired.
Winterization: The diesel AirTronic space heater is very effective and burns less that 0.1 liters per hour. The water tanks are protected with additional insulation and have electric heating pads (like a block heater) installed on their bottoms. Small fans circulate warm air to the plumbing area behind the drawers near the sink and have been wired to switches that can be operated automatically by a thermocouple (on at 45 and off at 60) or manually. When the fan circuit is on, a solenoid opens to drip hot water into the water tank as additional protection. To facilitate winter storage in cold temps, a compressed air line is plumbed into the water system to expedite purging all water lines in the “house”, and is operated by throwing a switch.
Plumbing Protection: Each plumbing fixture has a shut-off value, added to facilitate repairs or to shut off any component while operating the rest of the system.
Coolant Isolation: The truck engine coolant is piped to the water heater in the “house” so that any time the truck engine has been operating, the water in the hot water tank will be heated. When that heating is not required, an isolation valve under the truck can isolate the house from the engine, although it is normally left open.
Grey Water Dumping: An electric valve has been installed on the grey water tank outlet with switches in the house and on the truck instrument panel to allow instant operation and dumping without exiting the cab or “house.” It is VERY convenient.
Bed-side Storage Cabinets: Full length cabinets have been installed on either side of the queen bed, allowing storage of long items like skis and the awning, on one side, and an immense amount of personal items and electronics on the other.
Magazine Rack: Located above the dinning area on the cabinet side of the refrigerator, the rack makes a perfect spot for maps and manuals reachable from the seating area.
Energy Consumption: A third solar panel was added to ER#95 allowing for extended periods of camping without running the engine to recharge the “house” batteries. Any time the truck is driven, the “house” batteries are recharged at a rapid rate by the two 165 amp truck alternators. All lighting is either LED or low consumption florescent, so lighting load is minimal, averaging less than 0.5 amps. The Norcold refrigerator/freezer requires little current and functions extremely well. The diesel stove is very efficient, simple to operate and easy to clean, as it looks like a ceramic electric stove top.
Inverter Power: There are two inverters, one 200 watt sine-wave inverter that feeds two 120 volt outlets at the ends of the bed to charge electronics like cell phones, cameras and computers. Seperately, a 2,000 watt inverter can be activated to power the microwave, and all other electric outlets, including the ones at the front and rear bumpers for use of tools outside the vehicle.
House Audio: A tuner/CD player/XMSirius dock with stereo speakers in located in the “house.” Wiring is in place to add DVD, flat screen TV, and satellite dish equipment if desired.
Exterior Storage: In addition to the 18.5 cubic feet of storage on the deck behind the front seats of the truck, there are three shelves in the upright rear storage compartment that hold 6 standard Rubbermaid kitchen trash bins, with room remaining for many smaller containers. The long horizontal storage compartment is perfect for tools, fluids, and all those items you want easy access to. The fold down compartment door makes a grood work table. A selection of Earthroamer tools and a crane to download the spare tire is located in this compartment.
Toilet Area: Wall mounted SS wire baskets in the toilet/shower area have sufficient room for all toiletries. The cassette toilet is easy to use and empty.
Rear Closet: Shelves have been added to the rear clothing cabinet to facilitate folded clothes, resulting in a large increase in storage capacity. A 120 volt outlet is available on the bottom shelf. Magnetic hold opens have been installed on both the toilet door and the clothes closet door.
Rear Drawers: The storage space in the rear drawers is significant, and allows an organized approach to the storage of food staples, cooking pots and pans, medical kit, and etc. Combined with the overhead storage cabinets and the two pantries, there is an abundance of storage in the “house”.
Awning: The electric awning option was not installed on ER#95, although the wiring has been. Instead, an awning track has been installed with a slide in awning that is quite simple to set up and is supported by three poles at the front edge. The Sunbrella fabric awning is made in two sections to make it easy for one person to handle and install, and is joined by a 2 inch Velcro flap.
Contact: For further information, send a message to amphibpilot, and I’ll call or email you with any questions you may have.

JRhetts

Adventurer
I know this vehicle and this owner very well.

YOU COULD NOT FIND A BETTER EARTHROAMER, IN BETTER CONDITION!!!

I was the first owner, and did some of the modifications/improvements Amphibpilot described above. I spent 2 months with him and the vehicle in the Yukon this past summer.

2@Meziadin.jpg

Amphibpilot has been a meticulous owner. The vehicle is significantly improved over a stock ER and is in absolutely top condition.

amphibpilot

ER #95 is still available

Here is another photo of ER #95 with the hydraulic moto lift I built installed and carrying my Yamaha TW-200.

IMG_0019.jpg

AMBOT

Adventurer
Can you confirm the standup height is standard at 6'3"? I'm 6'6" and looking for something closer to 6'8"

Truckee Greg

Travel Junkie
Is it still in your posession, or is it on it's way to ER for sale? I have sold my sportsmobile and will be shopping soon. I am headed for Thailand and Burma for three weeks on Sunday and then, my ER search is officially on. Cheers

Don Vancouver

2008 EarthRoamer still for sale!

Hi
Excuse me, I am not inexperienced in using portals.
Is this beautiful vehicle it still for sale?
I usually spend a month in Moab every year.
Involved in writing geo-cashing software.
I looked at the 2012 Siberian Tiger but would prefer a used EarthRoamer if I could find one.
Very interested!!
How do I get hold of seller?
Regards Don Vancouver Canada
don123123@shaw.ca

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
How do I get hold of seller?
Hi, Don, and welcome to ExPo. Glad to have you.

The easiest way to contact the seller, amphibpilot, is to click on this name in one of the posts above. It's in blue and underlined. When you click on that, one of the options that will come up is "Send Private Message." Then click on that and you'll be taken to a screen where you can write a message. After you're done, there's a place in the lower right to click "Submit Message"; click it and your message will be on its way.

The seller will be alerted to your message and then can act accordingly, either by posting here or by replying to you with a private message.

Good luck with your search. We'll look forward to hearing what you end up with. And if you have any questions the membership might be able to answer, we'll all be pleased to help.

t hill

Is it still available? I live in Park City, Utah-- Plus spend lots of time in Colorado. Will you be in this direction soon? I currently drive Porsche cayenne turbo and want more room for long trips

amphibpilot

Earthroamer #95 is verbally sold

To all those who expressed interest in ER #95, the truck has been verbally sold and is expected to close in the next 10 days. Thanks to all who took the time to request information and ask questions. It was with a great deal of second thoughts that I decided to sell #95, as the truck has been a wonderful experience. I hope the new owner has as much enjoyment in it as I have. I can now look forward to ordering a stretch version. Amphibpilot

squeezer

Adventurer
Its a small world...

It struck me as particularly funny that my wife and I spent the night in the same campground as this truck last night in a motor home we bought from Mike H... I think we need an Expo equivalent of the "Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon" game only we call it "Six Degrees of Mike Hiscox...:smiley_drive:"

The couple that bought it are very very nice people and are quickly learning the ins and outs of the truck.

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
And we simultaneously were busy camping in the old Sprinter we bought after selling the motorhome to Chris after selling the original Sprinter to Joe so we could buy the motorhome we sold to Chris after he sold the Unimog I sold it to him . . . Heck, we can do Six Degrees of Mike Hiscox with just Chris and me. ;)

BTW, Squeezer, drop me a line sometime to let me know how roughing it with solid walnut cabinets and leather recliner chairs worked out for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94