'01 XJ DD/All-Purpose Build

00XJ

Nice XJ! What's your last name if you don't mind me asking? I went to NGCSU my freshman year (08-09) and was in the Corps.

bzauche

Observer
Very nice

Thank you!

Good looking XJ. Glad to see someone else rocking the spectre intake as well, I love mine.

Thanks! I love the intake...now I just have to figure out how to use the extra space! Maybe a second battery or an air compressor further down the road!

Nice XJ! What's your last name if you don't mind me asking? I went to NGCSU my freshman year (08-09) and was in the Corps.

Thanks! My first year was 09-10, so we didn't overlap. Last name is Zauche though.

Great looking truck! Im pretty sure you said limited budget haha but I dont see any limits here

I guess my version of a limited budget is different than others...it's limited in the sense that I'm in college and I don't have a full time job, and I pay for all the parts myself, so I have to take it slow! Really hoping to finally get the OME suspension done over Christmas break though.

00XJ

Thanks! My first year was 09-10, so we didn't overlap. Last name is Zauche though.

Gotcha. Next time I'm up that way you'll have to show me some of those service roads! I didn't have my Jeep when I went there, so I never had a chance to explore much.

bzauche

Observer
Are th rear facinf lights on your racked hooked up to your reverse lights or separate?

I took those things off as soon as I could! They were super cheap lights, and they weren't hooked up. If I did add lights back there, I'd probably have them on a separate switch just so they don't come on in reverse during the day. I imagine you could wire them up to the reverse lights and a separate switch, so if you want them on when you're parked, you could just flip them on.

88Xj

Banned
I have mine wired to the stock reverse lights & a switch..Issue is running 55W on the stock wiring will fry it in a short manner. Mine back up lights are little led pods. So I get them on 100% of the time in reverse but also at will.

bzauche

Observer
I have mine wired to the stock reverse lights & a switch..Issue is running 55W on the stock wiring will fry it in a short manner. Mine back up lights are little led pods. So I get them on 100% of the time in reverse but also at will.

Yeah that's what I would ideally do, when the time comes. I would LOVE to have all LED lighting, but it's just so expensive. Small LED back up lights could be doable though, but it's not first on the list!

bzauche

Observer
Well, I got home from college for Christmas break today and look what was waiting for me! Shiny new Bilstein 5100's along with some DPG Offroad Swaybar Disconnect cables! Hopefully I'll have more upgrades/projects done by the end of break, but this is what I'm starting with!

I am most likely going to cut the boots off before installation. I'm guessing that can-down is the way to go, huh?

photo1_zps8d7b3164.jpg

photo2_zps2f8eabe3.jpg

Also, am I supposed to use both of these rubber feet? It doesn't seem like theres going to be a lot of stem left for the nut to go on.

photo3_zps9658f460.jpg

Sorry for the cell phone pictures!

88Xj

Banned
Yes you use 1 on the outside(inside fender) and 1 on the engine bay side. Mine looked that way as well but I just tighten me down and they squished just fine!

bzauche

Observer
Yes you use 1 on the outside(inside fender) and 1 on the engine bay side. Mine looked that way as well but I just tighten me down and they squished just fine!

I just wasn't aware that they squished so much, thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior