1988 LC QUESTIONS

robustbambi

Ideally you find someone to take a look at it or buy it from a trusted source, sure its a gamble but folks do it every day :D

I agree. I got my 62 shipped from ohio sight unseen, But i was lucky enough that a very reputable land cruiser mechanic (Jim Chenoweth) lived not 20 minutes from the seller so i was able to get it looked over before i paid for the truck :)

mattafact

Adventurer
The prices for 62s are insane in SoCal right now and none of them seem to be moving. I guess they feel they are worth their weight in gold at the moment. :confused:

Flagster

Expedition Leader
I guess for reference...I paid 3900 two years ago for an FJ60 with a clean interior (dash cracked), no rust but some body work needed...and an strong engine that needed some love (cooling system, carb tune, etc)...ended up starting a complete tear down/rebuild but for about 1000.00 in work it would have a been a clean driver...was an ALB NM truck...I just didn't want to deal with rust...
I agree prices are really rising on the wagons...I thought I paid way too much when I bought mine but now I see PHX CL ads for double what I paid...crazy

Attachments

• P1010219.jpg
    P1010219.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 6
  • P1010224.jpg
    P1010224.jpg
    201.6 KB · Views: 5

newworld2004

Adventurer
so let me ask you this since original discussion was for how much are you paying for FJ60, anf FJ62. I am in north east, and rust is major issue here as you all know, I am looking at another 1984 FJ60, has 135K on it, there are some body rust , not major, owner already changed cluch, timing belt, and new tires, new Master cylinder. burn little oil, 3/4 quart between oil chnages, his asking price is 5995$. I am not sure what they sale for, what would be the starting Negotiated price?

Thx

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles