Post up your drawer/storage system

gjackson

FRGS
attachment.php

That's some nice detail. Very well done.

cheers

RgrBox

Adventurer
Well, you guys have given me some great ideas.. so now I need ot go out buy the lumber and get started..

Thanks all around..

RB

vhram

Observer
I welded up a metal frame and had some extra diamond plate laying around and put a locking latch on mine so I can secure my valuables laptop,gun, binocs etc..... I installed the quick release kit for the freezer/fridge so it pulls out easy. I coated the frame and case assembly with herculiner nothing slides around on top at all. I found a old "plastic "suitcase that fit on top of the drawer unit to fit all my off road equip in air compressor, straps chains, tire repair kit etc.... that way its all in 1 place , easy to offload and store .

Attachments

• DSC00914.JPG
    DSC00914.JPG
    144.6 KB · Views: 2,428
  • DSC00911.JPG
    DSC00911.JPG
    145.8 KB · Views: 1,971

Maximus Ram

Expedition Leader
welcome to ExPo , Hawkeye. Very nice work on the drawer systems. Looks like they were built by a furniture maker..:clapsmile

Hawkeye

Observer
The waight depends on the size of the system and the material used to make it. That fj80 system weighed about 90lbs. The FJC system was probably abou 60lbs.

off-roader

Expedition Leader
They are very nice and do look like furniture. Don't you worry about marring the surface / wood when used while camping?

Hawkeye

Observer
The finish is verry durable, but yes, it will get scratched over time. I personally like to use a polyurethane finish of a lineX in my truck. You can always touch up the finish if it gets scratched.

bj70_guy

Adventurer
Recently (almost) finished up my BJ74 storage unit.

3569674234_dbecf789a3_b.jpg

Used Accuride slides that lock full open or closed, much nicer than the non-locking ones I used in my 70.

3569668700_7bf9fc2198_b.jpg

The front compartment has a sealed compartment that's divided in 3, for 2x6" drivers and a 10" sub. The open section has an 8 outlet Rigrunner for my 12V stuff (the 74 is 24V), and I'll eventually add a 3rd battery that'll live in there. Lots of room left for fluids or what have you.

3569670024_9d90b40939.jpg

3568860161_6daa091f76.jpg

RgrBox

Adventurer
Very nice.. I have to wait until next week before I can get the material to start on mine.. Monday is a holiday here..

nugget

Observer
I designed and built my own cargo barrier and drawer system as there was nothing available after market for H3's when I did mine.

Started with the cargo abrrier to keep anything lose flying forward.

cargobarrier.jpg

As the truck was really a 2 person tourer, I removed the back seats and used the original tie down points to bolt a base to.

100_0188a.jpg

Then welded up a frame from galvanised tube.

frame.jpg

I made it in 2 halves to make it easier to take in and out. They bolt to the base and also to each other to keep it all strong.

frame1.jpg

The drawer carcas I had folded up at a local sheet metal shop

earlydrawers2.jpg

earlydrawers1.jpg

Then I covered everything with outdoor carpet, including the insides of the drawers to stop things rattling around.

drawersloaded.jpg

nugget

Observer
As the fridge is shorter than the drawers, I ended up with a small area which I decided to turn into an electric board which has fuses, the 2nd battery for the fridge and lights and also a 500W inverter. It has a door on it for access and stops gear falling against it. This pic was before the 2nd battery was fitted in.

electrical.jpg

electrical2.jpg

The area between the cargo barrier and the back of the drawer system..

rearempty.jpg

In here I fitted a 50L water tank and also some shelves. The top shelf is for our swag and the bottom one is for our clothes bag etc. Under the bottom shelf is where I store car spare parts like belts and hoses etc.

topshelf1.jpg

topshelfswag.jpg

nugget

Observer
At the action end of the drawers, I fitted a rotating goose neck water outlet. The tank has a pump in it so we have water on tap!

water1.jpg

water2.jpg

Whilst we cookon an open fire as much as possible, I made provision for a little butane gas cooker

bottomdrawermod1.jpg

The cutting board lifts up and we store our plates, cups and cutlery underneath.

bottomdrawermod2.jpg

The best part is my wife loves it as it makes camping so easy because everything has a place.

di7.jpg

All set up it looks something like this..

boulia12.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles