Post up your drawer/storage system

JCDriller

Adventurer
I finished the wood work for my side table and sink, I still need to spend some time with a router and some polyurethane. After that the step is to hook up the water, modifying my drop slide so it will house a pull out table similar to the Tembo Tusk unit and then build the fridge divider/barrier.

cPb52dO.jpg

1fAX1lI.jpg

Rc3qMNE.jpg

AvuFkku.jpg

Hh3CfKC.jpg

SAC-CA-Runner

I finished the wood work for my side table and sink, I still need to spend some time with a router and some polyurethane. After that the step is to hook up the water, modifying my drop slide so it will house a pull out table similar to the Tembo Tusk unit and then build the fridge divider/barrier.

cPb52dO.jpg

1fAX1lI.jpg

Rc3qMNE.jpg

AvuFkku.jpg

Hh3CfKC.jpg

That sir is a nice setup. Love the sink and the side table. I had thought about the side table when coming up with mine, but not the sink. Hmmmm....

malibubts

Adventurer
I chose not to go the DIY route, but I'll throw in anyway. After looking at designs on here and even sketching some plans out I decided to go with a Decked system. A couple different things pushed me this way: weight, price, and ease of use.

On the weight note the whole system for the Decked comes in around 250#. Anything that I was looking at building out would have been at least 100# heavier. With the cap on the back already and about 1500# of payload to play with I wanted to keep the weight down as much as possible.

Hitting the price point, I wanted two drawers splitting the back of the bed. This mean two sets of slides and man are long heavy duty slides expensive. I was looking at anywhere from $200-$400 for two sets of slides. Add in the 4 or so sheets of ply, other materials, and any tools I'd have to pick up along the way the Decked didn't seem to much more expensive. Somewhat along the price lines is resale; if I ever wanted to sell the system something DIY would be a lot tougher to sell than the Decked.

Finally to ease of use, every design I sketched out would have been pretty difficult to pull out of I wanted. The Decked easily pulls out the drawers and then splits in half for easy removal. Also I'm sure I would have enjoyed building the thing, but it would have taken a ton of time.

2017-04-28 17.43.20
by ebeiersdorfer, on Flickr

IMG_9888

IMG_0325

2017-06-25 17.00.10

IMG_1232

BobsCreek

Adventurer
Had anyone used a spray foam sealer/insulation type product to fill gaps between bed systems and the body?

And mine is slowly taking shape.

Attachments

• IMG_20170726_174027522.jpg
    IMG_20170726_174027522.jpg
    557.3 KB · Views: 203
Becareful with spray expandable foam. Some are open cell foam and will hold moisture. I have seen people use expandable foam like "Great Stuff" in between body panels for insulation and end up with body panels rusty from the inside due to trapped moisture.

JCDriller

Adventurer
Modified my Easy Slide 150 fridge drop slide to house a pull out table underneath it similar to the Tembo Tusk drop slide. Just wanted to share the results.

First I cut the front of the Easy Slide off.
PX6q4IS.jpg

cut a few pieces of 1.5x1.5" 1/8" steel angle
KjbCW7V.jpg

I order a piece of 10 gauge pre cut to 29"x15.25, fits like a glove. A hole to match drop slide's existing hole will be added to reduce weight.
LW82HoA.jpg

Bolted the risers to the side
JZBRbUd.jpg

Bolted two KV 26" slides to the bottom, 1 locking, 1 not.
7q5aVa4.jpg

tbGCyW1.jpg

For the table to I found a Husky took box topper that fit with minimal modification.
BK724t3.jpg

Risers painted and table installed
4PH5qJT.jpg

The risers were tapped, a hole was cut into the top plate to match the hole in the bottom of the drop slide, top was painted and bolted down. I wanted to weld this, but the order of operations inhibited welding as it would have kept me from disassembling if needed in the future.
opImvUD.jpg

Fridge mounted
NVqV1mv.jpg

Table pulled out
k1ToXJ3.jpg

Fridge and table pulled out, fridge still drops down 85% of original drop with table out, but handle does get very close to table.
ERL4VZU.jpg

TLpuSHr.jpg

wpiP6lW.jpg

SAC-CA-Runner

Modified my Easy Slide 150 fridge drop slide to house a pull out table underneath it similar to the Tembo Tusk drop slide. Just wanted to share the results.

First I cut the front of the Easy Slide off.
PX6q4IS.jpg

cut a few pieces of 1.5x1.5" 1/8" steel angle
KjbCW7V.jpg

I order a piece of 10 gauge pre cut to 29"x15.25, fits like a glove. A hole to match drop slide's existing hole will be added to reduce weight.
LW82HoA.jpg

Bolted the risers to the side
JZBRbUd.jpg

Bolted two KV 26" slides to the bottom, 1 locking, 1 not.
7q5aVa4.jpg

tbGCyW1.jpg

For the table to I found a Husky took box topper that fit with minimal modification.
BK724t3.jpg

Risers painted and table installed
4PH5qJT.jpg

The risers were tapped, a hole was cut into the top plate to match the hole in the bottom of the drop slide, top was painted and bolted down. I wanted to weld this, but the order of operations inhibited welding as it would have kept me from disassembling if needed in the future.
opImvUD.jpg

Fridge mounted
NVqV1mv.jpg

Table pulled out
k1ToXJ3.jpg

Fridge and table pulled out, fridge still drops down 85% of original drop with table out, but handle does get very close to table.
ERL4VZU.jpg

TLpuSHr.jpg

wpiP6lW.jpg

I REALLY like this. May have to use another 4th Gen 4R guy's design he is mocking up in CAD and then use this slide with the drop down. Makes it SO much easier to see in the fridge and you get the table which is a huge bonus. May have to hit you up for parts list, numbers and suppliers when or if I get around to a drawer solution.

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
Very nice! I used the KV slides on my Jeep Build, ears ago. I'm a HUGE fan of thier slides! The Accuride slides on my Tembo Tusk load spotter will likely be replaced in the future....

Clintnz

Observer
Chuck box is finally done. What a colossal amount of work! My 63QT ARB fridge will sit right behind it, in the spot currently occupied by tools and other junk.

Turned out pretty much just as I imagined it. A few imperfections here and there, but overall I'm very happy and think this should work very well for my needs.

Secured to the sliding platform with four stainless M8 bolts.

All tucked away with a precision fit under the tonneau.
BBdEBbI.jpg

That is really cool! great design & execution. :) A few ideas there I'm going to steal.

Cheers
Clint

T-Rey1

Adventurer
Looks great. How did you secure it to the bed?

Chuck box is finally done. What a colossal amount of work! My 63QT ARB fridge will sit right behind it, in the spot currently occupied by tools and other junk.

Turned out pretty much just as I imagined it. A few imperfections here and there, but overall I'm very happy and think this should work very well for my needs.

Secured to the sliding platform with four stainless M8 bolts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles