Stuff needs done:

Remount fenders.
Carpet ceiling.
Build interior cabinets.

A little touch up painting.

And very little trim work left on the galley:

indiedog

Adventurer
Very nice work. But by the look of your "galley" with all those speakers, I'm glad I'm not camping next to you! :xxrotflma

Village Idiot
Big revisions needed.

Well, I finally finished her up. Or so I thought. I did a 3 day camping trip at a crappy RV resort about 3 hours from home.

20130731_170309_zps65e843bc.jpg

A few things I noticed. The big one was the frame sits way too low to the ground. To the point that I am going to have to go to leaf springs real soon.

I am going to have to add some kind of roof rack to hold more gear.

And I want to add a fridge and a water tank somehow too. So I am thinking that I need to build another frame. Something a lot higher. Especially when I 4WD my van soon.

Any suggestions on any of this?

I have no idea what size leaf springs I need and I'm sure I can use the same wheels, just different tires and fenders.

silvrzuki77

explorer
Well you can use regular trailer springs. I used suzuki samurai rear leaf springs, longer and ride smoother. The make heavier version than stock from old man emu. Are you able to unbolt ur body from the stock frame? Pull the body off and build a new one with a low profile water tank. Fridge your going to have to redo you cabinets or leave it in your van. Check my build UAV-TD build for what i did on the frame.

hesterj

Adventurer
I just woke up so forgive me if im not seeing it clear.
Couldnt you just build a sub-frame to weld to the existing one thats already in place? Say something like 2x4 box channel. The hangers for the leafs can be prewelded before it gets put in place.

The military has a bunch of heavy trailers done this way. Look at this...about half way down the page

http://www.expeditionportal.com/for...-now-for-something-completely-different/page2

This guy just removed his subframe to reduce the overall height with leaf springs. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles