"rover strap" question...

Incusus

Adventurer
Forgive me for posting here, as an Isuzu guy posting in the LR forums, I feel like a pagan in the Vatican ;)

anyway...

Can you guys tell me what these are? I found them hidden away in a box marked "Strap, LD Rover". I'm curious, and am also interested in seeing if they are of any use.

They're stamped "3 FT 3" in blue, and are bound or stitched together in places. Very sturdy and they strike me as axle straps or something similar as they are too short for tow use. Any help is appreciated (and possibly rewarded ;) )

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Stumpjumper/IMG_4815.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Stumpjumper/IMG_4817.jpg

Thanks!

Clark White

Explorer
I'm a Toyota guy, so I have no idea what those are, but they look like something only a Rover guy could need! (After all, their rigs do tend to get grumpy and do things like throw an axle, but shhh, don't tell them that...). :shakin:

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
These are special LR straps used for beating the vehicle when it refuses to start. They have been approved by Lucas to discipline all electrical failures.

Andrew Walcker

Mod Emeritus
Martyn said:
These are special LR straps used for beating the vehicle when it refuses to start. They have been approved by Lucas to discipline all electrical failures.

********!!! Wait, that actually makes perfect sense...

Incusus

Adventurer
Martyn said:

You know, that could just be the perfect description for an Ebay auction.......

Mercedesrover

Explorer
Martyn said:

Couldn't be. Those would be worn out if that were true.

laurie-the-lorry

Adventurer
My guess is they are axle straps for an air-portable crate, They didn't use chains as kicking a landy out the back of a Hercules with a little parachute caused a lot of flex on landing. They may leak a bit, and have the occasional electrical failure. But I cant think of many Toyotas or other trucks that go parachuting. Although as the British Army no-longer uses air-portables a new and improved could well be a thwacking tool for the lucas parts

Incusus

Adventurer
laurie-the-lorry said:
My guess is they are axle straps for an air-portable crate

so far, I like this explanation best as they cane from an army-navy store way back when.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz