Scrap yard M100 Build

Anyone with tips on getting shocks compressed onto the mounts so I can get the cotter pin in behind the washer. I knew I should have fabricated threaded mounts when I had this thing apart. My bad!

apu2era3.jpg
y5epe5uh.jpg
qe8y3usy.jpg

It has been a while since I last posted. It has been sitting mostly idle. I have ordered a RTT on the CVT group buy here so I will be making the final push to get this trailer out to use it as I intended.

I started out to build the lid out of simple materials 1" and 2" x 1/8 flat steel making a squared edge flat top lid skinned with 16 ga steel. After welding it up I changed my mind and decided to do a raised bevel on the front and sides adding a little more weight but it won't dent easily that is for sure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Still very patiently waiting for the CVT Tent I bought the last day of the group buy on this forum. I bought the tent on the last day it was open 3/31 so I assume I will be the last delivered to. Word is there is a shipment in now and another on the way to be arriving by the end of the month. I have an annual trail run this week with a large group of friends Jeeping/camping the trails near the Naches trail. I am not going to tow the trailer or use it until the tent is mounted and I can use it as I intended it to be used. I really wanted it to be ready and it is starting to be very frustrating as I pack my ground tent and have to strategically pack everything in a CJ5!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

armygreen

Adventurer
It looks great... Quite the transformation.
Have patients with CVT. Waiting sux. They are in the midst of a big move, I was there two weeks ago. They sold a ton of tents during the group buy and they are trying to get them all out. Give them a call. Bobby is easy to get a hold of. I am sure he can give you a good estimate of when it will ship.

alaskantinbender

Adventurer
Very nice work and a great rescue job.
How do you plan on mounting the tent? On top of the lid or up on a raised frame?
I have an old M100 as well and cant decide on the best approach. I have it up on some storage boxes at the moment but its higher and heavier than I like.

IMAG0502.jpg

It looks great... Quite the transformation.
Have patients with CVT. Waiting sux. They are in the midst of a big move, I was there two weeks ago. They sold a ton of tents during the group buy and they are trying to get them all out. Give them a call. Bobby is easy to get a hold of. I am sure he can give you a good estimate of when it will ship.

Thank you. I have been following your build as it has progressed. I guess it was just a momentary rant just to vent. I posted on my thread instead of the CVT group buy thread because I have already seen that flare up a couple of times. I would still choose CVT if I were buying today. I have seen a lot of the product in my travels and there is nothing negative about that business. Getting several hundred dollars off the usual price is a bonus. I sent CVT a PM early on and got an immediate response. I know exactly where I'm at and about when I will be getting my delivery. I am ok with it.

Thanks, when I look back sometimes I wonder what was I thinking but it was worth it. I am ready to wrap it up though and post use rather then building. I just got home a couple of days ago from Anchorage I had been down to the Kenai peninsula and explored the area and of course did some fishing. I can see why you would want to mount up high. A female hiker got mauled pretty bad while I was there.

I am going to mount the tent to the lid for starters but my tent does come with an annex I am also going to have to decide how to raise it in the future. I need the lowest center of gravity. The group I travel with like to take trail routes on the way to and from destinations. Nice combination in your setup I really like the collection in the background to.

mp_tx

Observer
What application did those tailgate hinges come from? I like how you extended the lower part of the tailgate. Any pics from the inside to show the construction of the lower add on?

What application did those tailgate hinges come from? I like how you extended the lower part of the tailgate. Any pics from the inside to show the construction of the lower add on?

In post number 24 there is a picture of the tailgate open that shows the back side/internal lower portion of the addition to the gate. The hinges are just hardware store powder coated $6.00, Ace brand. I just cut them and welded the tabs to the bumper and a slight lip or overhang from the floor. I made the floor protruding over the rear bumper by about 3/8. I wanted the tail gate to drop without contacting. I used the same hinges cutting and welding for the lid. I hope that answered the question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior