Vehicle choice

bat

Explorer
I have been debating the choice of a new vehicle for Expo camping. It needs to have at least 1 to 6 cylinders and get between 2 mpg and 20 mpg and be able to carry 12 people and 1 small dog. I would like for it to have at least 3 tires and an Arb to one of them for better traction. My future goals would be to add a lift between 2 to 11 inches depending if I put on 27 to 47 inch tires. I am also trying to figure what my communication devices will be and so far I have cb,telephone, walkie talkie, ham and can on a string but that has a limited range. My budget is endless as long as my wife will give me the money and I clean up the yard and not leave the vehicle on jack stands for 2 years.:)

Xfactor

Observer
LOL!!

i clicked on your thread with an eye roll, thinking here we go again! How can anybody tell you what vehicle is good for you. we can all read the pros and cons of each, and there is more than enough info on this forum, let alone the rest of WWW.

too funny, thanks for the chuckle!

ZG

Busy Fly Fishing
land rover freelanders are the most reliable vehicles ever made

Sent from my iPhone

GlennA

Adventurer
Before you get too deep into this, you may want to define your tire tread choice, mud or all terrain.

bat

Explorer
Picture of the wife who holds the coin purse?
In her words " If you put my picture up you will neverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr buy a vehicle"
Also, what kind of oil do you prefer and which air filter do you think is best?
I like Castor oil and for filters I change mine every 500 miles so I just use cheap AFE filters.

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
Are all of the 12 people alive? ....or can we just stack them up?

You could have a F550 4x4 with a flatbed setup like a sled dog truck, or dog catcher truck only with larger/longer boxes in the back. Just slide your people in the box laying down. They'll take up less space that way. Extra points if you can convince your cargo......er, passengers to bark at people every time you stop at a busy intersection.

Last edited:

thedjjack

Dream it build it
Meets most the requirements except gets 78mpg sorry:

thailand-343.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles