SOLD______NorthStar TC650 & Chevy 1500HD plus Mod's

travelman

TC650 Stereo & Sirius XM Install

Interested in Music while camping? Here is an install I performed with photos. Sony Radio and above it I flush mounted the Sirius XM Radio. Under the mounting location you can see the 2-Kicker Speaker placement. To the far right, additional fused 12 volt outlet for computer charging. On the forward wall left of window, 30-amp solar charge controller and thermometer. The roof photos show how I mounted the Sirius XM antenna (small black block) to the solar panel bracket. Regarding the PCV pipe; I drilled pass-thru hole and 'forced-threaded' through the metal roof and further down into the wood. Self leveling caulking does the sealing to prevent water intrusion. All wires going to the roof run through the PCV pipe and under the solar panels to termination points.
IMG_20160110_180439_341.jpgIMG_20160115_141232_969.jpgIMG_20160115_141340_934.jpg

Last edited:

brian90744

American Trekker
Well my overheating problem is fixed, replaced the water pump, changed the thermostat, replaced the temp sensor, went on the MRV up @ big bear.
still loving this Chevy truck & NS 650.

I'm sure it will be OK. Last time out I had an overheating problem which I still have to fix. possible the water pump???

Last edited:

doctorit

Adventurer

Nice setup - I like the RO mod but I think my family would have something to say about losing the heater up here in the NE!

One question: is that a Chevy 1/2 ton with a 650 camper AND flat-towing a Jeep?! What engine? With the wind resistance and combined weight, my 5.4l F250 would be slower than a bicycle if I hitched up a Jeep!

brian90744

American Trekker
DESERT RUN WITH TRAILER 10-13-16

Made a opening "Quail" day run to the desert=great weather. no birds.

Attachments

• desert truck1.jpg
    desert truck1.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 53
  • desert truck3.jpg
    desert truck3.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 50
  • rear look.jpg
    rear look.jpg
    356.2 KB · Views: 32
  • frt trailer.jpg
    frt trailer.jpg
    471.8 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

idahostat

Northstar tail wrap?

Hello

Thanks for the work of posting all of your mods and thought behind those changes.

I noticed in your last image ( the one towing your jeep ) when compared to the first original that it looks like there was a mod which removed some of the "tail" wrap? Wrap appears in others?

Is this just the angle of view ( I do not think so but perhaps something else is going on here ) and if you did remove the wrap could you post an image and explain, curious about two tail lights ( truck and camper, did the mod change interfere campers lights? ).

Thanks

Terence

brian90744

American Trekker
Terence. the jeep towing was posted by "Travelman" and yes it looks like NO tailwrap on his 2009 N/S.=brian

jscusmcvet

Explorer
This is a great thread with great and useful ideas. My wife and I just picked up a 2008 Northstar MC600 and we love it so far, and just getting started. Great ideas here.

brian90744

American Trekker
Now is the time to enjoy your new toy. thanks for the "attaboy".

]This is a great thread with great and useful ideas. My wife and I just picked up a 2008 Northstar MC600 and we love it so far, and just getting started. Great ideas here.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles