Introducing my 98 D1

benedmonson

Disabled Adventurer
Well after lurking for 3 months here and drooling over both issues of Overland Journal (Has Damned near replaced Playboy by the toilet!) I've all but finished my build! This setup will get me thru my trip in Mexico Dec. 21st thru Feb. 1st with no problems. But the bad news is I've decided I'm going to do the Rubicon Trail next June and will need to go larger. So next spring I'm adding 2" more lift and 33" tires along with R&R ARB's and HD axles. As for now:

Dual Optimas Red & Yellow
Vector MaxxSST 750 watt Inverter
15 LB. Powertank mounted
ARB HD Springs
Bilstein Shocks
Factory Steel Wheels
245/75/16 Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo's
Superwinch 9000EI
Custom Winch Guard with extra clearance
Front Skid plate
home made limb risers
Lightforce 240 blitz
Honda 2000 Generator
Technitop Tent
Northwestparts.com custom rack
scheptor fuel and water cans
sirius radio
custom rock sliders
hi-lift jack
Waeco 50 litre fridge
yellow top Optima battery
PETT Toilet System
Kelly Kettle

Also, need some sort of communications.

Whoever is going to MOAB or Canyonlands just let me know as it is 2 hours away from my house!!

Cheers,

Ben Edmonson
telluride, co
www.benedmonson.com

Last edited:

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Ben

The Rover looks great. If you're going to go an other 2" on the lift don't forget a ladder extension for the tent. Looks like it wouldn't hurt to go for it right now that way you could get closer to the ideal 15' ladder angle.

After you do the Rubicon stop by my house for a cold beer and a warm shower, I'm 40 minutes away.

blupaddler

Conspirator
Congrats on the trip! I'll second the request for a report or just where you're going. Will the dog be traveling as well?

Nice Rover too. That first pic looks like it should be in a magazine!
:arabia:

benedmonson

Disabled Adventurer
Thanks for the compliments! As for the trip report I'll be doing a weekly blog for www.mountainkhakis.com which is a company that hires me to shoot their clothing catalogue every year.
Martyn I'm coming to see you guys for sure when I do the Rubicon to get that beer!!

Ben

seriessearcher

Adventurer
Nice Rig

Ben,

Nice looking rig. The trip sounds like it will be fun. I love the product as well. If you need any shots in classic series dormobile please let me know, I can be paid in clothing :)

I should have the rig here in a week or two and then i need to tear into it.

have a great trip to Mexico.

benedmonson

Disabled Adventurer
seriessearcher said:
Ben,

Nice looking rig. The trip sounds like it will be fun. I love the product as well. If you need any shots in classic series dormobile please let me know, I can be paid in clothing :)

I should have the rig here in a week or two and then i need to tear into it.

have a great trip to Mexico.

i would love to hook up with you on a trip and shoot some great dormobile shots!!! I think those things rock....... maybe a moab or canyonlands weekend.

Ben

benedmonson

Disabled Adventurer
Added my second Optima battery today and a 750 watt inverter. It was easyily done by moving the power steering resevoir and welding it onto the alternator. Didn't need the jack so after removing it there was more than enough space for the second yellow top optima battery. Installing the isolator was a little harder!

Ben

gjackson

FRGS
Welcome to Expo! I say that as I'm sitting here with my MK pants on! Nice tent and very nice disco! Looking forward to your trip reports.

cheers

benedmonson

Disabled Adventurer
gjackson said:
Welcome to Expo! I say that as I'm sitting here with my MK pants on! Nice tent and very nice disco! Looking forward to your trip reports.

cheers

Graham,
i've drooled over your rig for a while. Actually I spoke to you at the ralley in Montrose, CO this summer and you answered some questions i had about the technitop tent. Upon your recommendation I purchased one and have about 20 nights in it so far, come Feb. that will be well over 100! I'm glad you like your MK's, they are a great product. I just passed my technician lic. in Denver today, maybe I can start talking to my fellow Coloradians like yourself!

gjackson

FRGS
I remember chatting with you about the tent. Glad you like it. And congrats on the technicians lic!!

cheers

Overland Hadley

on a journey
Amazing rig you have there. Love the lights on the rack. Very, very nice.

Good looking images on your website. I will look you up next time I am in the area.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles