'95 Trooper Questions

BigSwede

The Credible Hulk
Not really, a 95 with a manual tranny is a pretty reliable setup in general. Looks like you'll have to deal with the leaky hydraulic clutch, not a deal breaker though.

Personally I would not run 35s with the stock 4.56 gearing, 32 or 33 would be preferable (stock tire size is 245/70/16 IIRC, around 29.5")

I've seen that Trooper over on PlanetIsuzoo.com, seems like a nice rig.

Storz

Explorer
If I pick it up I actually intend to sell/trade the tires for something smaller sized.

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
Over 200k miles and likely been beat up a little bit. A stock base model like that with less miles can be had for $1500 all day long and an LS model for $500 more, so I would keep looking IMO and add what you want to the vehicle. 35's puts a lot of strain on a drive train, not to mention the lack of sliders and skid plates that can leave things exposed to abuse.

BigSwede

The Credible Hulk
Troopers have 5 skid plates from the factory, but I take your meaning.

I have run 35s on my Troopers for about 7 years now (regeared) without much issue, including some pretty heavy rock crawling...broke a couple of CV axles doing dumb stuff, but that's about it. They are pretty heavily built.

Storz

Explorer
Meeting up this Thursday to check out the vehicle and if all goes well will be mine by next weekend hopefully :)

robertdarin

Adventurer
looks good to me. Buy that sucker. Without gears I would personally stay away from the 35s but everyone is different.

Storz

Explorer
Went and looked at it yesterday, would be a great weekend rig for someone. I have a 50 mile commute everyday though and its just a bit too rough for a daily driver for my needs. Super nice guy that is really into Isuzu owns it though. If it weren't for a daily driver I'd get it in a heartbeat, but just not the right truck for me right now.

Storz

Explorer
Found a nice '94 Trooper. Base truck with a manual trans. Will be trading in a few weeks!

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior