Mitsu Fuso Camper examples

keescornege

4x4 Rosa

Spotted these two 4x4 Mitsubishi Rosa's up at Porters skifield (NZ) last Friday. Basically they have Canter running gear but the bodies are a little light duty for any serious offroad work IMO...... I guess still perfect for this application. Anyone ever seen one converted to a camper?

View attachment 308211

View attachment 308210

View attachment 308209
Yes I did one about 7 years ago, still own it and find it good for backcountry roads. Not really an off roader but with high clearance and high/low ratios good for fords and some lighter duty 4x4 driving. Will attempt some photos soon. 7/01/2022

jetstreamin

The Mitsubishi Fuso FG 4x4 is a popular choice as the chassis for an expedition camper.

Carl Hunter's expedition camper, a Bigfoot travel trailer mounted on a Fuso FG 140 4x4 chassis, is a well-known example.
fuso-112.jpg

Carl and his wife, Mary, decided to drive around the world in 2002. Carl designed, sourced, and constructed this vehicle in 90 days. The truck and cabin were virtually trouble-free during that 6 month, 22,000 mile journey.
fuso-124.jpg

Bruce Hersey mounted a 17 foot Casita trailer as a camper body. The Casita is 16 inches narrower than the Bigfoot trailer, so it doesn't extend beyond the width of the cab.
fuso-115a.jpg

Australia's John Learoyd constructed this adventure camper. The single rear wheels are 225/100 R16 Michelin XZL. John also replaced the stock suspension with air bags and longer springs.
fuso-107.jpg

Kim and Don Greene designed this camper. The shell was built by Unicell in Toronto. Kim and Don are currently in Australia, after driving throughout South America and across New Zealand.
fuso-126.jpg
Figured I would join the poetry with ours ;o)

Attachments

• IMG_3310.JPG
    IMG_3310.JPG
    643.8 KB · Views: 30

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles