Announcing production of our debut film "The Southwest"

chadlanc

Adventurer
Packing up and testing gear today.

setup.jpg

Next week my father is in town for a helicopter convention (he runs Robinson Helicopters). Looking forward to meeting some pilots to get some aerial shots for the film.

The adventure continues the second week of March. We will be off to Bryce NP and the rest of the southwest. Hope to meet some of you on the road.

mph

Expedition Leader
Packing up and testing gear today.

View attachment 147200

Next week my father is in town for a helicopter convention (he runs Robinson Helicopters). Looking forward to meeting some pilots to get some aerial shots for the film.

The adventure continues the second week of March. We will be off to Bryce NP and the rest of the southwest. Hope to meet some of you on the road.

Will be in robbers roost area third weekend in march...pm me if u have any interest. Will be slots...open vista canyons and some arches...

chadlanc

Adventurer
Will be in robbers roost area third weekend in march...pm me if u have any interest. Will be slots...open vista canyons and some arches...

I'll be sure to PM you if we make it that way. My new assistant arrives on monday, not sure yet if were headed that direction or up towards death valley.

chadlanc

Adventurer
The last few mornings at Bryce Canyon have been pretty cold, about mid twenties. Which in all fairness isn't too bad considering when I was there several years ago in the winter it was -15. But I'm from southern california and anything below tshirt weather is freezing to me. Spent the last couple days waiting for the sunrise to inch its way behind Thors Hammer to get the perfect shot. Heres a little shot I snapped with my phone between takes. My new assistant wasn't with me so my bag was narrowed down to the minimal gear.

883983_10151511316500339_2018138838_o.jpg

srserl

Observer
Beautiful! Well worth braving the temps. Somehow Utah is extraordinarily well endowed with natural wonders; fortunately I will be heading there in September.

I'll keep an eye out for you in DV as I am heading there next week. The Unimog should be easy to spot if we ever get that close. White FJ Cruiser, Fri at Eureka Dunes, Sat at Racetrack, Sun at Striped Butte, who knows where from there.

Keep up the great work!

chadlanc

Adventurer
Spent the last couple days out at the Racetrack in Death Valley. The main road going in has been groomed a lot compared to a couple years ago. Only the section past teakettle junction towards the lakebed had some washboard sections. The lakebed is amazingly bright during an almost full moon, we carried several loads of gear out without the need of headlamps. Sadly people have been stealing some of the rocks, especially the larger ones. A car had done doughnuts around the lake when it was wet and will sadly be damaged for awhile.

racetrack1.jpg

racetrack2.jpg

Setting up a motion controlled astro-timelapse shot using the Kessler Shuttle Pod and Cinedrive

chadlanc

Adventurer
We will also be teaching an iPhone photo class at the Overland Expo 2013 in Flagstaff Arizona. Look forward to possibly meeting some of you.
Class times are Saturday 2pm & Sunday 11am

Ramjet

Explorer
So.....you need some gear to "Test"? Would you PM me an address to send it to and I will get you some things to try on your quest. I have a few products that I could use some input on and would welcome any critiques as you see fit. Thanks. Jason.

chadlanc

Adventurer
We've been filming the last couple days out at the Mojave Lava Tube. A wonderful location with few visitors thats not that far from Baker. Luckily there are no signs on how to get there from the 15 and the main mojave road. We shot a 30 minute time lapse, a 8 foot dolly move on a slight z axis, with a pan movement. On the way home today we explored the aiken mine and some massive joshua trees (which are blooming) of cima dome. Looking forward to going back to shoot some more. I personally hadn't ever explored the Mojave area and was pleasantly surprised at its vast wilderness. Were back in Henderson for the NAB convention and then back on the road.

mojavesmall.jpg

IMG_1742.jpg

IMG_1816.jpg

Last edited:

chadlanc

Adventurer
Been at the NAB convention all week, checking out some great gear. If your into video stuff I highly recommend going. Everything from broadcast news green screens to cameras to tripods.

our new logo animation that will play before all of our videos just got finished. Thought i'd share it cuz its really cool

[video=vimeo;63659197]https://vimeo.com/63659197[/video]

off to four corners area tomorrow, hope to meet some of you out there.

CaliMobber

Adventurer
Just saw this post and I missed ya. I work at Bryce Canyon and I see you passed through last month. You guys are living the dream, Never stop Exploring!

I was at the lava tubes in mojave back in February, That was an amazing location.

chadlanc

Adventurer
Hope your not freezing out there! It's snowing here in Cedar Mesa!

Just saw this post and I missed ya. I work at Bryce Canyon and I see you passed through last month. You guys are living the dream, Never stop Exploring!

I was at the lava tubes in mojave back in February, That was an amazing location.

chadlanc

Adventurer
Its been super cold across Cedar Mesa the last few nights. We had a water pipe come off from our tank one night and cover the floor in the middle of the night in ice. Not a huge problem just tightened up the bolt. It almost froze the door close I had to practically kick it out. Had an amazing shoot at Fire House Ruins and Fallen Roof Ruins, did some 2 and 3 axis moves using our Kessler Cinedrive motion control head. We also did the roughly 12 mile hike out to perfect Kiva Ruins but the sun ended up being too high in the sky for the shot we wanted. (It was 4/20 so the joke of the hike was how high the sun was...) In Cortez Colorado for a couple days to shower off the hobo smell of the last 2 weeks and then on our way later this week to a secret location in northern New Mexico that I've been dreaming about visiting for some time.
931170_10151568929805339_2005020619_n.jpg

934652_10151568933955339_1937568311_n.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94