Tires

Power Wagon Family

I Hate Off Camber
Hey guy's and gal's I normally hang out in the Jeep and Expo Trailer areas but I recently purchased a 2012 Dodge 2500 with the 6.7. I want to put a leveling kit on it and some bigger tires (not giant) no bigger then 34-35. I plan on towing my jeep at times as well as our family's pop-up. I am very familiar with tires having had jeeps for years however the jeep tires tend to be soft for rock crawling. What all terrain/ mud terrain tires do you all recommend that can hold up to the weight of this truck and has good tread life?

Thanks
Corey

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
The main thing to look at is a tire's rolling resistance, this will affect your mpg as well as acceleration and braking. I myself would go with a mild A/T tire on a tow rig, and make sure they are E rated.

greengreer

Adventurer
Check out the new Toyo a/t II in 285/75/17 they are 34x11.5 ish
Good tread pattern and a 50k warranty. Also able to find them under 250.
I want to make these my next tires if I can find a wheel that works to my Chevy. You dodge guys got it from te factory.

Last edited:

crawler#976

Expedition Leader
What ever you get, make sure it's an E rated tire.

The '12 Dodge will require more than a leveling kit to go more than a 33. The factory 2" lift on the Gen 4 Power Wagon is just enough for the stock BFG AT 285/75-17, going bigger on the Gen 4 trucks requires a bit more lift. Then again, the PW has a lot more flex than the Cummin's truck, so perhaps you won't need much lift for a 33.

Rovertrader

Supporting Sponsor
I have used the Toyo A/T II and the Cooper S/T Maxx with great results- and all E rated as well. And use them on a diesel tow rig, so decent torque, weight, distance, etc to evaluate.

Spencinator

Adventurer
I got 55,000 miles out of my Grabber at2's. Now I have Geolanders. I like the grabbers for snow and off road and the geolanders for on road and on the rocks.

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Put me down for Toyo AT or MT as well. I had the ATs on a Dodge 1500 reg cab in 285/75R17, and they were good. I now run the MTs in 315/75R16 on my F350. It carries a VERY heavy camper and they do a fantastic job. They are smooth and quiet on the highway too. I would take the MT first if you encounter much snow, but if you are in an area of NM where there isn't much snow, the ATs would be great too.

D

Deleted member 12023

Go with toyos, either MT or AT and you can't go wrong. My last set of Toyo AT in 285 75 17 went 55,000 miles, not a single flat. My new set of Toyo MT 35x12.5 17 are phenomenal. I have about 20,000 miles on them so far and not a single problem or flat, and have plenty of tread to finish the trip. We haven't been easy on the tires or truck either!

Big Ern

E Rated.

Toyo AT 2 or Toyo RT will serve you well.

I ran Toyo RT on a prior truck and really liked them. I'm running Toyo MT's on my Ram 2500 diesel right now and they are great for an MT. But, still an MT. When they wear out I am going back to the RT or most likely the Toyo AT.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles