2012 Tacoma with ARB Bumper - pics

Hey guys, I just thought I'd post a couple pics of the new ARB bumper for the 2012 Tacoma. I've outfitted mine with a Warn M8000 and so far I am very pleased. It did require cutting of the stock bumper to fill the gap between the front grill and the ARB.

attachment.php

attachment.php

chmura

Adventurer
Sweet bumper man!

Can't wait to install my arb bumper on my 2009 4runner.

I actually prefer non color matched. Looks more aggressive being black.

I would opt for the fog lights for the bumper though. I will be buying fogs for my arb bumper as my 4runner has oem fogs and it's an easy setup.

Good job!

Thanks guys. I prefer the black ARB, it stands out a little more on the truck. I'll have to look into those fogs, for some reason I thought it would be upwards of 300$ for the fogs from ARB.

soonenough

Explorer
This kit here is 350$ from ARB

http://www.amazon.com/ARB-FOG-LIGHT-KIT-BUMPER/dp/B007N6R5OS

Is there another option???
I'm not sure exactly what that listing is for at $350; maybe the triangular housings + fog lights + marker lights? I bought my ARB fog lights from Toyota of Dallas when I bought the ARB bumper, the kit is $83.XX on their website (link) - ARB P/N 6821201. It comes with the lights only (which is all you need anyway), which have wiring pigtails with crappy non-weatherproof connectors on the end. If your truck had factory fog lights, it's easy to wire them to the OEM fog light switch. If it didn't, you'll have to wire the lights as you would any other auxiliary light, and you'll need to find a switch for them. As far as mounting, you just pop out the circular plastic fill pieces and mount the lights with the included hardware. One of the mounting screws is spring-loaded, allowing you to aim the light once it's installed.

One piece of advice - the connector that comes on the ARB fog lights is garbage; it's not at all weatherproof, and guaranteed to be corroded and filled with crap in 6 months. Not to mention, I'm not sure why they even bother putting connectors on the fog lights since they don't give you the mating connectors; why not just leave them bare wire ends and let you either hard wire them or choose your own connector?

Anyway, since my truck had the OEM fog lights, I bought a set of harnesses on eBay that had the same connector as the OEM fog light connector. I cut the crappy connectors off the ARB fog lights, wired in the ones I bought from eBay, and then I plugged them right into the OEM fog light harness without cutting up any of the OEM wiring. It's more work to do it this way, but I wanted to be able to disconnect the lights (rather than having to cut the wires) if I have to remove the bumper for some reason. Plus I just hate cutting into OEM wiring.

Last edited:

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
Thanks guys. I prefer the black ARB, it stands out a little more on the truck. I'll have to look into those fogs, for some reason I thought it would be upwards of 300$ for the fogs from ARB.

The ARB Fogs (6821201) for the Tacoma Bumpers run $83.40... if you have the OEM fog lights, you can tap into the OEM fog light harness, and if you need the harness, the ARB Aux Wiring Loom 3500440 which runs $53.82.
***Note these are for ARB 3423130 and 3423140 (Part number will be listed on the backside of the bumper in the wing). ***

jeverich

Luddite
One piece of advice - the connector that comes on the ARB fog lights is garbage; it's not at all weatherproof, and guaranteed to be corroded and filled with crap in 6 months. Not to mention, I'm not sure why they even bother putting connectors on the fog lights since they don't give you the mating connectors; why not just leave them bare wire ends and let you either hard wire them or choose your own connector?

Agreed...

The connectors on my turn signal/parking light is just a plastic plug, they fill with water and mud. Still have to switch both of them out to a Deutsch-Style connector; thanks for jogging my memory.

For what ever reason, ARB really skimps on electrical connectors: just got done installing a "High Output" compressor..same crap connectors throughout the supplied harness. Switched a few out to Deutsch's and soldered/shrink-wrapped most of my connections.

I'm definitely a fan of ARB; but they have done a really good job of convincing people that the one and only source for accessories is ARB...

jeverich

Luddite
Like this? Still relying on the plastic inserts from ARB.. Haven't had any issues with mine yet, and they've been thrashed quite a bit.

I like ARB, but the plastic insert for the fogs/ marker/ turn worrys me - http://www.tjm.com.au/ makes all the same styled bull bars (minus US vehicles) but offers them in steel or alloy! all the holes are metal, not plastic inserts.

Any brighter (higher lumen) fogs that will fit? The ARBs are a sealed glass unit witn NON removeable bulbs

Check out the 3LR LED pod from Blitzpro..

http://blitzpro.com/led-pod.html

Nearly double the output of the ARBs; and they shoehorn right into the cutouts on your bumper. Plus, low amperage draw - so you do not have to wire in a relay.

Here is mine:
View attachment 142244

Flagster

Expedition Leader
I like ARB, but the plastic insert for the fogs/ marker/ turn worrys me - http://www.tjm.com.au/ makes all the same styled bull bars (minus US vehicles) but offers them in steel or alloy! all the holes are metal, not plastic inserts.

Any brighter (higher lumen) fogs that will fit? The ARBs are a sealed glass unit witn NON removeable bulbs

my plastic inserts have broken more than once ...limbs and grocery carts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne

Members online