Africa vehicle sightings

kmacafee

Adventurer
The missus and I are wrapping up a 3 week overland trip thru Zambia and Namibia. We are driving a 2011 Defender 110 with British registration, and the border crossing with a Carnet was reasonably painless -- only took 3 hours.

There are so many "Overland" type vehicles here that they become pretty commonplace. Lots of Hilux's (most rented) plus the usual assortment of Landcruisers and Land Rovers. We've seen one Land Rover carrying three single rooftop tents and many with two. I particularly like the Aluma Boxes made in South Africa that replace the fiberglass shells we have. Some have built in kitchens accessed through the side doors.

I'll post a complete trip report when we return but until then, enjoy.

Kevin
IMG_0096.jpgIMG_0097.jpgIMG_0107.jpgIMG_0108.jpgIMG_0169.jpgIMG_0173.jpgIMG_0212.jpg

gm13

Adventurer
For a moment I thought that first fj45 was the ice cream man. I don't recall seeing a square topped door such as the one on the rear of the 109/110 in your last shot. Some great trucks, enjoy your trip.

Steve UK

Adventurer
Great pictures, you need to look in my photo gallery in the Africa folder :Wow1:

Have a great holiday :)

Steve

Steve UK

Adventurer
Great pictures, you need to look in my photo gallery in the Africa folder :Wow1:

Have a great holiday :)

Steve

Finally away from the ipad, I can add a photo!

We had the Defender you used last August, how is he going :)

attachment.php

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne