Recipe sub forum

6x6pinz

Adventurer
That would be nice. I was talking to a guy the other day and he mentioned making bread on the trail using beer. When I got home I looked up some recipes. Broke out my kitchen DO and made up some. First loaf was made with Guinness Dark Lager. The wife does not generally like the taste of beer but she ate the lions share of that loaf. I have to try it with a couple of my other favorite brews and see how that works. Does not get any easier and the results were great for the first time out.

keezer37

Explorer
I've tried a few different brews in cornbread and gravitated towards the darker beers. Once all I had available was Foster's. Surprisingly, it worked the best for my buds. Maybe I'll try this again with a spring (citrus) brew.

taugust

Adventurer
Interesting how a thread asking about a recipe sub-forum devolved into a thread about bear bread and beer. I like the recipe sub idea.

Photobug

I will be the first to add a recipe. I usually find cool recipes and hand them to my wife. I am a capable cook but my wife is a professional chef, so she does the cooking.

Hobo Packet.

Add all to an aluminum foil packet Fold over double layer.

1 lb ground beef (makes 4 packets)
A heaping tablespoon of cream of mushroom soup.
Vegetables: bite-sized, 1" peices. Can prep at home.
Carrots
Potatoes
Onions
Mushrooms
Bell Peppers
Add salt and pepper and herbs, fold over on itself, roll the top.
Throw into coals for 25-30 minutes. Put on plate open foil and eat with a fork.

Can also be made at home in over for 35-40 minutes at 350.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles