Romania - Playing in the woods

4x4tripping

Adventurer
Nice fotos - and true a wonderful country.

I hope to can do an romainia trip next year!

Arround switzerland is most of the fun stuff - forbidden since years...

hrt4me

Adventurer
nice photos, thanks!

did you carry extra fuel with you during your drives? what is the range of your vehicle?

marmota

nice photos, thanks!

did you carry extra fuel with you during your drives? what is the range of your vehicle?

no, I don't carry extra fuel.
the stock tank of 40l and the 30l LPG installed on the car give me a range of approx 450/550km (calculations made ​​strictly in terms of driving in rough terrain, soft/medium off-road)
big heavy tires, their tread, 5.12 diffs... all this contributes to increased consumption compared with a stock samu, but it's ok

Last edited:

marmota

Another trip in to the beautiful Carpathian wildness

Good weather, some free time to spear out in nature and a nice Pajero - Samurai friendship :wings:
It was a super fun trip with soft/medium off-road and beautiful landscape. We've meet accidentally with some old friends, up on the alpine fields, and the next day with a group of ATV.

We camped 3 nights:
- first night in a valley near a river bed in a very wet and cold forest (5℃ for early September is a little bit chilly even here) ... but we had enough "fuel" to stay warm :friday:
- the next two days we placed our tents in the "backyard" of an old abandoned military base well hidden in the woods... sunbathing, cooking outdoors, hiking around and in the boot camp, drinking and relaxing at the fire all night long... was exhausting :D :D :D

I took many pics but I can't upload all in here... so if you are interested,
here is the whole photo album of the trip:
https://picasaweb.google.com/112209857646602230743/FagarasOct2013?authuser=0&feat=directlink Enjoy! :)

...and some videos, not good quality, but enough I think to give you an idea of the tour

Hope you enjoyed the pics and vids.
I'll post a few more trips from my beautiful country soon (yes, it can be a beautiful country... if you know where to look).

Cheers :wavey:

Last edited:

Snake CZ

Observer
you are right, we've meet many times Czech groups... enduro, ATV, 4x4 and even cyclists

Yep we love Romanian mountains. Our party specially goes to Bihor
DSCF5762.jpg

Attachments

• PICT0267.jpg
    PICT0267.jpg
    529.6 KB · Views: 14
  • DSCF5822.jpg
    DSCF5822.jpg
    520.5 KB · Views: 16
  • DSCF5862.jpg
    DSCF5862.jpg
    542.1 KB · Views: 16
  • DSCF5826.jpg
    DSCF5826.jpg
    485.2 KB · Views: 12
  • DSCF4638.JPG
    DSCF4638.JPG
    883.3 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

krl81

Adventurer
It looks like I have to take my Jimny to Romania. :) Lovely pictures! Thank you for sharing them! :)

marmota

It looks like I have to take my Jimny to Romania. :) Lovely pictures! Thank you for sharing them! :)

He he, thanks :)... you are welcome here!
And now a braking news: yesterday I sold my Samu (i didn't sleep all night long after that)... but soon a Jimny will take his place and the adventure continues :safari-rig:

This is the last pic I took, yesterday, just before handing the keys to the new owner :(
20131221_114127_576x768.jpg

Hi Marmota

I just discovered your thread about Romania. You've spent so much good time out there… and in very beautiful places. Thanks for sharing ;)
I can't wait to be in Romania again in August…
All the best
Nico

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles