Your Bikes

Spartan_0388

Observer
I'm surprised that no one has made a thread showing off everyones bikes. I would like to see what type of bikes everyone has and specify if you race or not . I'm sure the variety is just as large as the vehicles on the forum.

Heres mine:
Diamondback Response
I do not race...yet

l_60c8a5f609d9ccda1afb864ec2971601.jpg

tacollie

Glamper
Have had in the last 10 years in order:
Reasearch Dynamics Coyote
Schwinn Homgrown
Trek Y-5
Tomac 78 Special
Tomac 78 Special(replace broken 78 special)
Yeti Arc
Tomac 98 Special(replace 2nd broken 78 special)
Santa Cruz Blur
Balfa Belair
Balfa Minute Man
Santa Cruz Chameleon
Foes FXR

What I have now:
Black Sheep Ti single speed
Santa Cruz Nomad
Retrotec twin
Surly Karate monkey

I was wondering when somebody would start a thread like this. I will post pics later. I loved all my bikes except the research dynamics, yeti, trek, and tomac 98 special(I still have sensual dreams about my 78 special). The FXR was the best bike I ever owned and I miss everyday.

4cruzer

Adventurer
i like bikes

joaquin that cruiser is the ********.
This is my favorite bike. Made in watsonville, CA...

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
tacollie said:
Have had in the last 10 years in order:
It would be impossible for me to remember all the bikes I've had over the last 22 seasons. Probably in the neighborhood of 40+ bikes. At times I had as many as 8 or 9 at once with road bikes, cyclocross bikes (usually identical twins), time trial bikes, velodrome machines, hard tails, commuters, full sussy mountain bikes, single speeds......

I'm doing pretty well now with only 6 bikes. :)

bluedog

Adventurer
This is one thread I can really participate in.

My Serotta Pista:
TrackSerotta001Small.jpg

My Seven Axiom Race (sold):
iPodinstallation002Small.jpg

My Serotta Meivici:
Mevici008Small.jpg

Me on my Serotta CHT:
BGandBHat00.jpg

Thats it for now, more to follow.

B.

Clutch

<---Pass

Sold (The skinny rear tire is on there , because I use it to warm up on a trainer for motorcycle racing)

Last edited:

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
I'm just a working stiff, so I only have a handful of bikes that I've collected over the years. Thanks for asking!

2003/05 Santa Cruz Blur LT Hybrid (Blur Classic rear triangle, LT front). Rear triangle made in Santa Cruz, CA, the front triangle at Kinesis in Portland, OR (or so I was told). It's built with a Fox Vanilla 140RLC at the moment, Cane Creek Terros wheels, Thomson post and stem, XT/X.9 components, Monkeybars, Hayes brakes. I got this in 2003 because I was tired of getting beat up in endurance races and it's now my primary 24 hours and 50+ mile racing bike. Heavy, sure (like 28/29 lbs), but I'm slow, so I might as well be comfy.
View attachment 12368
View attachment 12372
View attachment 12373

1998 Rhygin Juke SS (as in stainless Metax tubeset). Made in Boston, MA. Built as a one speed with a Rennen Rollerlager tensioner (I run both a 21 and 18 tooth cog, so the tensioner is mostly so I don't have to screw with the chain). XT/Race Face Bash guard/34-tooth Blackspire ring, Endless Bikes cogs, very old M732/M730/Mavic 231 wheels (these are the 7-speed XT with the grease ports). I actually have a shock on it now. It's getting more and more use in races, though I'm even slower with only one speed!
View attachment 12369

This is a 1994 GT Zaskar, made in SoCal, USA (with a sticker that said Troy Bilt, the welder was named Troy). It's got a Push'd Fox Float 100RLC, 8-speed XT/XTR, Ringle Moby Post (blue). I race this bike occasionally in the local MTB series (both real and the vintage class, but I run the original cro-mo rigid forks and XT cantis on for vintage, the cranks are non-vintage modern LX Hollowtech-II), but I keep it around mostly because it was the first bike I bought new in 1994 when I was still a shop wrench. Prior to that I'd had a used Schwinn High Plains and a used Giant ATX760, but this was a bike I'd always wanted in the late 1980s and early 1990s. Finally got it when the GT/Riteway rep offered to me because they'd stripped the front wheel for a warranty. I got it for $700!
View attachment 12370

My year-round commuter and fall/winter racer. A 1999 Redline Cyclocross, made by Kinesis in Portland, OR. It's quite a bit different from this photo now. Running FSA Gossamer cranks, 39 inner Salsa ring, 44 tooth outer XT ring, XT rear derailleur, Ultegra front, Rolf Vector Comps (they were red and cheap) and a 11-25 cassette for CX races and Ultegra hubs/Mavic CXP rims with a 12-27 cassette for touring and commuting, various tires (mostly Schwalbe CX Pros and Kenda Kross), Ultegra STI 8-speed shifters, Salsa Bell Lap bars, Control Tech (vintage) stem and post. Outside the end of the CX season, it gets Plant Bike fenders, too.
View attachment 12371

Last edited:

Ryanmb21

Expedition Leader
4cruzer said:
joaquin that cruiser is the ********.
This is my favorite bike. Made in watsonville, CA...

what kind of bike is that? I am interested in getting something like that!

upcruiser

Perpetual Transient
Here are some of my bikes. I tend to hold on to my bikes forever. Nothing too fancy, but I love each one of them.

l_02d7b31518215a2a76e0e27c0321d44e.jpg

Specialized Epic Comp, pretty much standard fare except for an Easton Monkey Bar and Sella Italia Flite ti saddle. My daily trailrider and occasional racer. I run fat 2.3 dowhill tires for daily trail riding due to the rough nature of the local trails and needing tough sidewalls, for races I usually run Fire XC's.

i44789_023.JPG

Specialized Allez Elite, nice comfy road bike.

i44790_022.JPG

Mongoose IBOC Team- I bought this when I graduated highschool in '93 and raced it alot. It went through 3 or 4 complete rebuilds. After its Marzochi A bomb blew for the 3rd time I swapped a rigid fork on it and find it refreshing to ride still. Amazing how much we forget about bike handling skills and line placement with modern plush suspension bikes.

i44791_021.JPG

Trek 830 Antelope, I rescued this bike off of the porch of my brother's cabin in Montana. It had been hanging there for years unused. He bought it new in '87. I like to bring back bikes from the dead and make them functional. I converted it to a single speed and kept as much of the used bike patina as i could. Still running the original headset, seat, stem, bars, brakes, wheels, etc.

i44792_020.JPG

'87 Fuji Cadenza- one of my most prized bikes. Ha ha, only I would be psyched over an old Fuji mountain bike. This was my first mountain bike and turned me onto the sport. I originally bought it as a way to crosstrain for motocross racing. I also used to to ride the tracks the night before a race to get a headstart on memorizing it. I replaced it with a RD Coyote and gave it to my father. He kept it and as a way to inspire him to get out and excercize I kept upgrading for him. New bars, Rock Shocks, luggage rack, headset, stem. Well, he decided he wasn't going to use it any more this spring, so I took it back and now use it as my town/utility bike for errands and getting around. It still runs the original brakes, biopace chainrings and Shimano Exage Trail components. It is one heavy sucker, but I like it. I was considering using it for a long distance tour next summer, camping with it for a few days. It doesn't have the blingy name cachet of some of the other sweet rides in this thread but I dig it just as much.

i44793_019.JPG

Mongoose Expert Pro- haven't used this in a few years but used to dirt jump and track ride with it alot. Upgrades are SMS bars, redline cranks, and fork.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles