Outback Proven: long range fuel tank for tacoma

cam-shaft

Bluebird days
Outback proven had a tacoma at sema with a long range fuel tank, but I see nothing on their web site about it. For those that are interested you may want to inquire.

Cam-shaft.

alan

Explorer
The tanks they list in there website are LRA long range automotive made in Australia ww.longrangeautomotive.com.au

Big_Geek

Drop Bear
According to Ben at Outback Proven, the tanks are on their way from Australia. I've asked for additional details and will post when I hear back.

STAGE 2

Adventurer
Two problems. The Tacoma at the show wasn't a double cab, and the hilux and tacoma dont ahre the same frame, i.e. that one on the website wont fit.

FlyNdrive

Adventurer
Hopefully I can shed light on the discussion. I'm the Ben with Outback Proven.

This tank is made specifically for the US spec Tacoma and does not share any parts with the Hi-Lux. We shipped the Tacoma to Australia where it was used to develop the LRA tank (along with Kaymar rear bar, ARB Bull Bar, Piranha 4X4 battery tray and other bits such as the Power Shower, and dual battery system). It barely made it back in time for SEMA.

The Tacoma tanks are on a container leaving OZ soon. I have some pics of the prototype and a pic of one outside the Tacoma (it's actually an FJ Cruiser, but close enough).

Cheers,

photo-23.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles