Pioneer Tool Trailer M101A1 Frame Build

bulletboblj

Just a lurker here but if you kayak, you could increase the height of the RTT rack just enough to fit two kayaks on either side for traveling.

xlobsterboyx

Observer
Body off to Powder Coat

20130302_150617[1].jpg

Body is off to sand blast and powder coating today. The doors and fenders were there already blasted and getting coated this week.

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
Are you leaving the jerry can holder on the front?
What color are you going with?
Keep posting more pictures.

xlobsterboyx

Observer
Yes the can holder will remain. I decided to go with a glossy olive drab. Will take pictures as parts come back from the shop.

Bella PSD

Explorer
Subd. I have an older version of this trailer, still looking for ideas. I need to figure out a method to mount a rtt...

I Was looking at something like the pictures below of my RTT mock up. I had it so the tent would slide side to side so you could open the trailer lids.

Tent%20PS%20mock%20up.jpg

Trailer%20tent%20mock%20up%20023.jpg

First%20Trailer%20before%20Mock%20Up.jpg

Cowboy59

Observer
That sliding mount looks really cool however I have the older version pioneer trailer where the door go all the way to the center of the trailer and nearly meet in the middle at the top. I am thinking of converting mine to a spring under, putting on some smaller tires and seeing how much that lowers the trailer then maybe I can mount a rack that will not have to be telescoping yet still fit in the garage with my rtt mounted. Don't know but I need to figure it out quick as spring is quickly approaching.

xlobsterboyx

Observer
Alright, all that is left in the garage is the old axle, rims and tires (for sale). Everything is broken apart and ready for the powdercoater. The only thing i was not able to pull apart was the lunette. Any tricks for getting that apart? Tried heating and PB Blaster with no joy.

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
It is tapered , loosen the rear nut and hit it forward with a large hammer.
Lots of PB blaster. Others have used a large pipe or bar in the lunette and rotate it to break it loose.

xlobsterboyx

Observer
I couldn't get the nut off the back end... impact wrench, heat, pb blaster, pipe wrench and breaker bar. Going to bring it to work and see if the industrial guys have a better impact wrench.

xlobsterboyx

Observer
First parts back from powder

Alright, been waiting on the powder coater for a while and the first parts are starting to roll off... let me know what you think of the color.
20130313_214417[1].jpg20130313_214411[1].jpg

The axle is in the back of the truck ready to go to the trailer place. Going to use it to mock up a 3500lb axle with electric brakes and 5x4.5 bolt pattern. Still need to find some 15" beadlocks for the 37" TSL Super Swampers I already have.... any help appreciated.

Kinda weird the garage is empty of all parts until powder gets done.

TheThom

Adventurer
I like the color. I thought about a similar color for my project, but I finally relented to my wife's wrinkled up nose when I talked about it. :coffee:

xlobsterboyx

Observer
Took a while with powder coat but got it back last week and started assembly...

2013-04-14 18.59.04.jpg2013-04-14 18.59.18.jpg2013-04-14 18.59.23.jpg2013-04-14 18.59.30.jpg2013-04-14 18.59.40.jpg

Carpeted the interior with commercial grade stuff. Put a 3,500lb axle and electric brakes underneath. The wheels are Crager 15x10's with Super Swamper 37x14's.

Still need to wire the lights and brakes and put the body on the frame. Also need to figure out my water situation, 12 volt/solar power and propane. So far so good. Getting those wheels and axle underneath it put some wind back in my sails so should have good progress from here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior