The Strap and Crap

STREGA

Explorer
I don't know how I have managed without The Strap & Crap for the last 52 years, lucky I guess. For me its a solution to a non problem, but hey what ever floats your... I actually have been using a Pett toilet the last few years even if required or not. With more people enjoying the great outdoors it seems to me that you see a lot more poorly buried or not buried at all crap and toilet paper at camp sites, I for one am getting a little tired of it. Pack it in pack it out.

off-roader

Expedition Leader
Where are all these outdoorsy people that can't squat to use the bathroom in the great outdoors coming from? These people need to spend more time in the gym.
Actually I do have friends who are overweight and losing the pounds by dieting and working out who can simply squat as you suggest... so yes for them this does solve a problem which then allows them to get out there and enjoy nature.

perkj

Explorer
1 year of R&D for a nylon strap and carabiner? You've got to be kidding me, I call BS....can make the same thing with a trip to Home Depot and $10

brushogger

Explorer
This is a good idea, but I can use a 10' motorcycle tie down for the same thing. Due to much abuse in my younger years my left knee won't bend enough for a complete squat. Usually I find a small tree I can hang on to. My knee will bend 90 degrees (or close) so something like this works for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mtn Mike

Observer
Hilarious and insightful comments everyone. She is $400 closer to her $12,500 fund raising goal today. I wonder if the Strap and Crap will ever make it into production. :coffeedrink:

robert

Expedition Leader
Well heck, our scoutmaster taught us something similar back in the seventies except we just used a piece of rope. He had a fancier model he'd made with an eye splice on one end and a wooden toggle spliced into the other.

While squatting is fine most of the time, if you've got some sort of injury it can be uncomfortable. I chipped one of my tibias last year in a motorcycle wreck and had trouble squatting for several months afterwards; yep, broke out a piece of tubular webbing and fashioned up something similar.

AeroNautiCal

Explorer
I'm guessing that the product liability lawyers will insist that the crap strap comes with a multi-page warning to check the tree roots and ground integrity prior to use.

If that failed, you'd be in the...

RHINO

Expedition Leader
Actually I do have friends who are overweight and losing the pounds by dieting and working out who can simply squat as you suggest... so yes for them this does solve a problem which then allows them to get out there and enjoy nature.

??? i assume you meant CANT squat? i will also assume these friends are HUGE,,,, i'm a healthy boy and i really enjoy squatting outside.

to the topic,, theres a product out there for everyone i suppose, this one isnt for me, judging by the money raised i suspect there arent a lot of folks out there looking for this.

1leg

Explorer
There are two kinds of people in the world those that are handicapped and those that will be (1leglance). Although I would not purchase this product I did learn a new technique that I could use to help me in that situation.

AeroNautiCal

Explorer
An alternative view!

Given that this 'device' requires a tree to work, why not just rest one's back against the tree and defecate into a biodegradable bag which can then be buried where appropriate.

The tree will provide a significantly more supportive and comfortable structure than a small diameter strap digging into your back!

Those of us whom live with disabling injuries tend to appreciate the benefit of natural, man made and improvised means of support wherever we find them, and it's fair to say that there's plenty of trees, poles and structures to find!

stevo

Observer
Strap and Crap

Just thought I'd put in my $.02 worth. While I can see the humor, I can also see the practicality of the idea. Having had both of my knees replaced with "man made materials" because of an "incident" some 40+ years ago while an active member of the USMC, squating for me is very much like sitting "Indian style"-it just ain't gonna happen. However, there have been times in my life when the need for such an item was present but no trees (nor poles nor any other vertical structure) presented itself. I'm pretty sure though that I could find some way to adapt that item so as I might be able to hook it up to the side of a vehicle.
Thanks to one and all for your posts on this subject. Looks like I now have a new project to work on.
Cheers, Stevo

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
Just thought I'd put in my $.02 worth. While I can see the humor, I can also see the practicality of the idea. Having had both of my knees replaced with "man made materials" because of an "incident" some 40+ years ago while an active member of the USMC, squating for me is very much like sitting "Indian style"-it just ain't gonna happen. However, there have been times in my life when the need for such an item was present but no trees (nor poles nor any other vertical structure) presented itself. I'm pretty sure though that I could find some way to adapt that item so as I might be able to hook it up to the side of a vehicle.
Thanks to one and all for your posts on this subject. Looks like I now have a new project to work on.
Cheers, Stevo

I hear you -- thank goodness I have all that winch line just sitting on the front of my bumper neatly coiled.

Christmas is going to be here sooner than you think... time to drop some hints to Mrs. Stevo, shipmate.

grizzlyj

Tea pot tester
Cheers, Stevo

http://www.bumperdumper.com/ ??? :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier