The Strap and Crap

Expedition Leader
Have to say I just don't get it - this for people who are too lazy to just squat, or what am I missing?

Mtn Mike

Observer
Have to say I just don't get it - this for people who are too lazy to just squat, or what am I missing?

I guess with that logic you wouldn't understand using a sit-down toilet either. Yeah, people are pretty lazy. (edit:) It' no dumber than any other other "camping equipment" I've seen around.

Last edited:

Expedition Leader
I guess with that logic you wouldn't understand using a sit-down toilet either. Yeah, people are pretty lazy. (edit:) It' no dumber than any other other "camping equipment" I've seen around.

I've got inside plumbing and all sorts of modern wonders in my house; I just don't expect to have a sit-down toilet out in the woods. Personally, the less stuff I have to carry the better, as my expo rig is small and tight on space but YMMV. For the record, I do own a PETT toilet but never bring it unless it is required by law (like in The Maze district of Canyonlands). No offense intended, the Strap and Crap just looks like a solution to to non-problem to me. If it works for you then that is all that matters.

Crom

Expo this, expo that, exp
I can see a product like this helping people who are older, out of shape, or some kind of physical disability. Thigh strain? Do some lunges once or twice a week, keep them legs strong. Don't kill me OP, just saying. I did enjoy the hyperlink and reading about the product, so thank you OP.

Mtn Mike

Observer
Okay I forgive you guys for not liking the link, this time :) I just thought it was a funny product that might actually be useful.

MANUCHAO

Aventurero
LoL.. so is this a chick product or could it be used for fatties?
Wonder what the tensile strength on the blue webbing is..........

CaliMobber

Adventurer
I thought it was funny. I always wanted to bring a toilet seat with legs for camping. For people like me that camp alot, It really does get tiring trying to squat with pants and not get any on yourself. dont tell me a small piece of webbing wont fit in your car.

RangeBrover

Explorer
Where are all these outdoorsy people that can't squat to use the bathroom in the great outdoors coming from? These people need to spend more time in the gym.

Co-opski

Expedition Leader
Will this product work with old wooden snowshoes?
I have yet to upgrade to the new aluminum snowshoes and every time I go snowshoeing I forget and eat Taco Bell before I go out.
Half mile in I'm running for the alder looking for a spot to make a deposit, but 90 percent of the time I crap on the tails of my snowshoes. I need help as all my friends put me at the back of the line after this happens and I'm a natural leader and want to be out front.

RangeBrover

Explorer
Will this product work with old wooden snowshoes?
I have yet to upgrade to the new aluminum snowshoes and every time I go snowshoeing I forget and eat Taco Bell before I go out.
Half mile in I'm running for the alder looking for a spot to make a deposit, but 90 percent of the time I crap on the tails of my snowshoes. I need help as all my friends put me at the back of the line after this happens and I'm a natural leader and want to be out front.

:xxrotflma

gophere

Adventurer
Thanks OP!
I see this being a good product. I, like many others, have issues with the squat.
I am not old or out of shape or fat or anything. I just cant seem to get the cheeks where they need to be and make a mess..tmi..
I use a tripod pooper with bags where I have to packout the poo and without the bags where I can dig a hole.
Issue is when backpacking theres no room for the tripod seat.

I think with this new found knowledge I will rig up something with the rope that always in the pack

sent from montana, usa

Honu

lost on the mainland
just use a tree strap or a tie strap :)
actually not a bad idea

for fun if you are really lazy your winch that way you can raise and lower yourself ;) hahahahaha

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
for fun if you are really lazy your winch that way you can raise and lower yourself ;) hahahahaha

Now that's thinking! For all those folks who want to get their money's worth out of their winch and reason for purchasing a remote! :wings:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior