'Long Way Down's' Nissan Patrols

kcowyo

ExPo Original
Let's keep this discussion positive.

Some Nissan and Patrol eye-candy for fans of trucks that get out there -

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
canucksafari said:
Well, some of us don't have to dream about wheeling these vehicles - we do it every day. :hehe: In terms of Patrol bling it depends on what trim level you have. The deeper your pockets the more bling, but you won't need as deep pockets for a patrol as for any comparable Cruiser. BTW, it would be interesting to know what are the specific aux items that you think had prbs and what are the fit & finish items that you think were not as good as a 70 series?
You are a lucky man getting to have a Turbo Diesel rig like yours, can't say I'm not jealous...

Nice Pics, those are well outfitted trucks eh...

Well, as far a F/F, it was the rattles and squeeks. The dash and interior was just kinda cheep feeling and it just wasn't put together as well. And again, this was a big 4dr Wagon Patrol and was a very well apointed model as well.

That particualr rig had an Auto that puked it's 2nd gear on us while quite a ways out into the bush. It had been making funny noises I guess all the way out to our station and the owner decided to run it anyways. It overheated and was barfing fluid out of the breather on us then it pretty much refused to go into second.

The other Patrol that had issues was a fairly stripped cloth interior model, and oddly, it was a quieter/better truck IMO (funny how I fell that way huh LOL). It had Fan clutch issues, and acutly really boogered the radiator after a particualrly nasty little dusty road section. I don't know the history of the rig, or how well it was taken care of, but the Rad was full of rusty/dirty crap, and it really started to overheat badly. We limped it into a garage in what turned out to be the last town for a long while (lucky that eh) and flushed it which helped, but still, I think the RAD was toast. It should be noted this rig didn't have the best front bumper, and I think it was taking alot of debris in through the grill on the higher speed sections.

Cheers

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
Are the patrol and the Safari any different? or is the Safari a Model of the Patrol, and how much higher is the interior head room with that raised roof???

canucksafari

Adventurer
4Rescue said:
Are the patrol and the Safari any different? or is the Safari a Model of the Patrol, and how much higher is the interior head room with that raised roof???

The Safari, the Patrol and the Mav are essentially the same. The Safaris are the Troll name for the Japanese Domestic Market. For a couple years, Ford put their badge on the Troll and it became the Ford Maverick - just like the Ford Villager and Nissan Quest thing here in North America. The Safaris most often imported into Canada are the High Roof Gran Roads, but all models of Trolls were available in Japan. In Australia there were very limited numbers available of the a high roof GQ. The high roof in Japan is really a status thing I am told. The roofs are quite a bit higher and are a major pain to park. Importers I have talked with have told me that often the owners have to park them outside of the city and take public transport to get to them becuase there isn't enough high roof parking available in the cities. I have only seen a couple low roof models here in Canada: a SWB Safari and a LWB GQ Patrol imported from Europe. If you see the sill line on mine, that is where the roof is on the standard version. Like I said in other posts, the high roof is nice to get changed in but add a lift and the basket on top and it starts to limit where you can go.

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
Well, I wasn't really trying to Slag tham, I've just had some unique oppertounities to see them in action...

I can imagine that with a basket those things are really high. But I bet it makes it really nice to sleep in the back/get crap in/out.

My Runner with the OME suspension and the basket is a pain as it is. I have to park in the Oversized Vehicle lot at work. It's funny to see a little Toyota next to all of these big trucks.

I've seen the Mavericks, I thought they looked like Patrols.

More pics!!!!!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz