Alaskan Camper Build Up

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Glad to see that the 2 of you are enjoying B.C. Please keep us up to date with lots of pics from your trip. Cheers, Chilli..:)

Carlyle

Explorer
We're back from BC after a great trip and some tire issues. Blew another MPT-81 and had a new sent from Expedition Imports to the Alaskan factory in Washington State. The new MPT's have a harder rubber compound and would not mount on the wheel despite pulling every trick possible at a truck tire shop. We limped home to Colorado without a spare and now wondering what to do.

I have a new set of larger MPT-81's and need help figuring out how to lift my truck to fit these beasts.

S2DM

Adventurer
I'd recommend you check out the goodyear G275 MSA. IMHO a much better tire for on road use than the MPT 81. Speed rated to 81mph, much harder compound, longer lasting. Not as good in the rocks, but seems to do better on sand and much better on pavement.

Carlyle

Explorer
Thanks but, the Goodyear G275 MSA is only available in a 335/80R20 for a 20" wheel which is actually a bigger tire than the larger one in the picture. Still would have have to lift the truck and possibly move the front axle forward.

Carlyle

Explorer
4" Lift kit ordered from 1st Attack. Front axle will be moved forward 1.5" and enough clearance for 335/80R20 tires. This is going to be a pita to put on... Next I need to buy shocks.

patoz

Expedition Leader
BTW, has Photobucket stopped allowing 3rd party hosting for free?

Yep, and they want $400.00 a year to continue hosting your stuff. The really bad thing about it is, they made it retroactive so no one can see the pictures you have posted in the past either.

In my opinion, this constitutes a breach of contract/agreement on their part. If they want to start charging from a certain point forward that's one thing, but for them to hold the pictures you have already posted hostage unless you pay the fee, should be illegal.

Photobucket replaces millions of images with 'ransom demand'

If you’ve been shopping online over the last week or so, you may have run across listings that do not include an image of the product but do include a Photobucket error message image. That’s because the company quietly did away with free image embedding on third-party websites. It’s a move that is being compared to Photobucket holding its users’ photos for ransom.

patoz

Expedition Leader
Well I'm not going to pay that

I don't think anybody is! I'm betting there will be some kind of class action suit before long, once the lawyers figure out how they can make their money.

The bad thing is, a good part of the builds on this forum and many others are very much picture dependent, and won't make any sense without them. The same way with any how-to instructions or tutorials for wiring, finishing, etc.

Anak

Stranger
BTW, has Photobucket stopped allowing 3rd party hosting for free?

Yes they have and everyone hates them for it!:bigbossHL::mad::exclaim::violent-smiley-031::punk03::ar15::ar15:

No kidding.

A thousand deaths isn't good enough for photobucket.

I only hope they go down as a textbook example of what not to do. And that no one who is responsible for this decision can ever land a job again.

Carlyle

Explorer
Truck lift done
f62062e8b202a1ad1ba1fde4c138d4fc.jpg
78ae71773c1bc64bea2137c0ef2b4aa0.jpg
ca9eb20a5a457f4ea51f2c24436c3dbc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles