Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [SOLD] 1972 Series IIA Dormobile for Sale

Default [SOLD] 1972 Series IIA Dormobile for Sale

UPDATE - It's sold - thanks for looking!
    ---

Hi,
    Regrettably, I'm putting up my 1972 Land Rover Series IIA Dormobile up for sale. It's a great base vehicle that's in pretty good condition for a 41-year-old, but I've realized that I'm not going to have the time to perform the restoration I would love to do.

That said, it doesn't need a full restoration. Put a couple of $k into it, and you'll have a very useable weekend vehicle, as long as you don't plan to drive 80 mph everywhere.

It's a rare 2.6l 6 cylinder Series IIA, and also unusually it's a 1972 Series IIA as it was registered in the UK after the Series III became available. It's spent most of it's life in South Africa, and I discovered it in Nevada in 2008. It's a Right Hand Drive vehicle.

It comes with everything Dormobile, yes, including the kitchen sink! The only thing that's missing is the rear-door table. They may be available from Dormobile in the UK, who still supply a lot of the original Dormobile parts.

It's drivable, but recently developed a leaky petrol tank. The brakes need some work also, as they are currently more entertaining than I like… Get those fixed and give it a good service and you're good to go.

There's lots more info on my website - http://www.nickt.com/dormie, and there are lots of photos in the gallery. The original specs and the BMIHY ("Gaydon") Certificate are also on my website. You can download a PDF mini-brochure too.

Drop me an email - indigoprime@gmail.com - if you're interested and would like to find out more. I'm open to offers around $12,000.

The Dormobile has a clear Colorado title and is currently in storage in Golden, CO.

Nick.

Last edited by nickt; 03-06-2013 at 12:18 AM. Reason: Sold!
    Nick Taylor, a Colorado Mack'em
    interesting things | vehicles

That thing is so COOL!

Gosh dormobiles are so immensely awesome; cant keep my eyes from viewing on the detailed photos. Wish I were in the market for one. Good luck with sale!

Email sent. This thing looks so awesome.
    2000 Ford F250 XLT. 7.3l diesel with a 6 speed manual
    1985 VW Vanagon Westy
    1971 Chevy K10

This looks amazing! I wish I was in a position to make you an offer. I owned a '66 Dormy and loved it until I foolishly sold it. Best of luck with your sale and not regretting it down the road.
    All things in their own time.

Great looking Dormobile! Wish I could buy it. Good luck with the sale.
    2004 D2
    2008 LR3

Bummed you have to sell the Dormie, Nick. I'd be all over this if I hadn't picked up the Rangie.
    Bill Green
    GDE 317
    "Follow your bliss" ~ Joseph Campbell, mythologist

Always loved these...

I looked through all the pictures and I didn't see a picture of this beautiful vehicle set up with all seats up for driving? How is the configuration for for driving? Has the vehicle been sold yet?
    Mike
    -----------------------------------------
    2001 Discovery Series II
    DI CDL / 2" OME / Hannibal Roof Rack / Bottorf rock sliders / Bottorf front bumper / 2 child seats

2006 Land Rover LR3 HSE

2001 URAL

(SOLD) 1973 EX-MOD SIII 109 2 door RIGHT HAND DRIVE (SOLD)

Ladies and Gents, it's sold.

Thanks,
    Nick.
    Nick Taylor, a Colorado Mack'em
    interesting things | vehicles

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast