Soon To Be Owner of H3T Alpha

Joining the Hummer Club!!

So I have been on the lookout for my next daily driver/adventure rig, fist thought about getting something similar to what I had for the past 5 years, an Xterra, then I realized that I had many short comings and that it wasn’t going to be enough for my towing needs amongst a few other smaller things.

So then my mind went to a Ford F-150…. But they are everywhere and there is nothing cool about that…

Then I got looking at a few Jeep Rubicon’s, they were good for a majority of my needs, but finding a used one with the “right” mods was proving to be too difficult! Many of the owners were posting up for sale pic’s of dirty rigs, which just led me to believe that they were not well taken care of.

Then I got to wishing and wanting the Double Cab Brute or the Six Pack for AEV to be available…. But as many of you know the Double Cab is coming out in very limited numbers at this point in time and the Six Pack is really just a concept at this stage (as far as I have heard)…… Then it just hit me… the H3T is prob the closest thing to the Double Cab as anything else on the market! If the right package was up for sale it will already be equipped as a trail ready rig with front and rear lockers as a factory option.

BOOOM :Wow1: first search I do locally on Kijiji show this beautiful 2009 Hummer H3T Alpha (w/ cloth) with a custom paint job, supercharger, lift, tires, lockers, snugtop canopy…. I fell head over heels for the thing!
The very next morning I drove over to the dealership, checked it over, and took it for a test drive…. I knew before I got out of the truck I knew that she was going to be sitting in my driveway before the end of the month!
This Sat I’ll be picking her up!

Here are a couple of pic's that I posted in the Hummer Picture thread, but I might as well post em here too as this will continue to be my Truck page going forward!

Dealer Pic's:

Its hard to tell in the pic but the paint goes from flat black up front to a gloss black "swoop" then gloss white

Attachments

• SuperCharger.jpg
    SuperCharger.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 212
  • H3T.jpg
    H3T.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 269

Rovertrader

Supporting Sponsor
Not crazy about the paint, but that little blower is sweet!! And I doubt seriously the truck has ever been dirty- very nice score!!

Yeah I managed to get a great deal! I have some friends who know the owner and have met him a fee times at the drag race track....There are not many of these units around my neck of the woods but there are a few 100% stock H3T's with the I5 in them asking the same price

You Aussies get some units that we just lust over so consider this the only way of getting back at ya!

Thnx guys! I'll soon have some trail pics to post up after the weekend

kfgk14

Adventurer
Nice rig, aside from those BGLT blinged out rims. Swap on some 16's and 37's! I dig the supercharger too.

Nice rig, aside from those BGLT blinged out rims. Swap on some 16's and 37's! I dig the supercharger too.

Well since the tires on there right now have been discontinued the plan is to switch the tires and rims out at the same time when the tires need to be replaced to a proper set of rims and tires that belong on the Hummer!
I agree too much bling for a proper hummer!

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
Looks good.

I just picked up a monster Dewalt angle grinder, if you want to swing by sometime, and let me fix those running board step things for you.

silvrzuki77

explorer
Very nice truck! I have a 09 T alpha adventure/luxury with the slantback. Love the truck! Is yours a adventure model? Join up on hummer4x4offroad.com also.
Congrats!

silvrzuki77

explorer
Oh just watch your steering rack mounts specially with the 37's. thats really the only weak point and there is a fix in the works for that right now. We found out with the rancho lift kit it blocks access to the steering rack bolts on the driver side soo if you snap a rack in half offroad ur poked. Pm if you need anything!

Looks good.

I just picked up a monster Dewalt angle grinder, if you want to swing by sometime, and let me fix those running board step things for you.

Ha! thnx for the offer!
Those will be the first things to come off!! I don't care if my GF has to bring a step ladder with her I am not keeping them!

This is just what I am starting with, there will be changes to it from here to get how I like it and think it should be

Oh just watch your steering rack mounts specially with the 37's. thats really the only weak point and there is a fix in the works for that right now. We found out with the rancho lift kit it blocks access to the steering rack bolts on the driver side soo if you snap a rack in half offroad ur poked. Pm if you need anything!

Very nice truck! I have a 09 T alpha adventure/luxury with the slantback. Love the truck! Is yours a adventure model? Join up on hummer4x4offroad.com also.
Congrats!

Thanks Silvrzuki!
I have been poking around that sight a bit, but haven't registered yet, will soon tho!
Its got locking front and rear diffs but cloth seats so I believe that its the Alpha with Adventure pkg.

I am really debating if i'll be keeping the 37's on her once it comes time to replace the rubber, but I'll give her some time before making that decision.

Who is making the fix? I'll keep my eye out for that! would hate to break down and be out in the bush somewhere!

silvrzuki77

explorer
A friend of mine is making the steering brace fix. Provides a solid mount that keeps the rack from splitting in two. If you go in the hummer site under te h3 forum look or thread called "is there no way to fix the steering?" Last page is a pic of the setup. I have a set of prototype sliders that he going to produce also. Pretty limited on upgrades.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior