Propane tank strapped to spare tire...any ideas?

mph

Expedition Leader
Trying to get a 11 lb tank strapped to my spare tire...anyone doing this? How? Ideas? Thanks

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
Propane tank strapped to spare tire...

Honestly, that sounds like the first sentence of a news report that will end with... "film at 11."

I've never seen that although I have seen tanks mounted to their own carrier on a rear bumper. Strapped to a spare tire sounds sketchy -- I can't imagine a circumstance where I'd ever recommend it.

mph

Expedition Leader
Yeah...I have seen them strapped to the rear bumper. I do have an aftermarket bumper and with a spare tire swing...was thinking I might be able to strap a small propane tank on some kind of strap; around the spare tire...

Maybe not...

Propane tank strapped to spare tire...

Honestly, that sounds like the first sentence of a news report that will end with... "film at 11."

I've never seen that although I have seen tanks mounted to their own carrier on a rear bumper. Strapped to a spare tire sounds sketchy -- I can't imagine a circumstance where I'd ever recommend it.

Sawyer

Adventurer
Spressoman fab up a little bracket to the the spare tire. No sure all the details on it. But, may want to hit him up and see if it is something you can make or get ideas from.

Cody1771

Explorer
i keep waiting to see a video of someone getting rear ended with a propane tank strapped to there bumper

MANUCHAO

Aventurero
a video ??? Really !!! :confused::confused:

people with jerry cans on the rear bumper have a better chance at getting a ball of fire

You could add to your spare tire and fab up a proper bracket for your propane tank....(you have a bigger chance of loosing the tank by using straps).
If you worried about getting rear ended or getting shot at (for those that may wonder), you could just buy a fiberglass propane tank...

I dont see an issue with doing this provided that you do it the right way....

IMAG1326.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94