Sleeping pads?

Sempertoy

Explorer
I have a therms rest that I picked up a while ago. I'm looking to replace it with something a little thicker. So I'm in search for the ultimate sleeping pad. What is the most comfortable pad out there? Weight doesn't matter much as I'm not a back packer and will just be hauling it around in the cruiser.

Thanks for any suggestions!

dcabcody

Big Agnes 2.5 inch air core or insulate air core . It works well with their complete sleep system or by itself with any bag. It changed my rough night of sleep camping into all night sleep. Also if you have a REI near they will have a bunch of pads laying around to test out.

Sempertoy

Explorer
The wife and I just finished a three month trip of which about 2/3 were spent ground tent camping and sleeping on a Therm-a-Rest Dreamtime pad.
While not as comfortable as the Tempurpedic mattress I have at home it's not bad at all.
The only complaints I have are that it doesn't come with a very durable stuff sack (though you could maybe purchase one separately) and the outer microfiber shell, while soft and comfortable, picks up a lot of lint, sand, dirt, etc.

That looks heavenly.

Mc Taco

American Adventurist
Weight doesn't matter much as I'm not a back packer and will just be hauling it around in the cruiser.

I use a cheap Coleman air mattress and a battery powered pump to fill it. Plenty thick and comfy. Bulky as all get out but hey, no worries.

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero:I usually use my "Truckbedz" Queensize air mattress (8" thk-HD vinyl), but these Sportsman Guide "airless pads" work in a pinch-but

IMG_0616_zps1a11ac35.jpg

The airmattress is "PURE COMFORT", just bigger-

:costumed-smiley-007:bike_rider: JIMBO

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
Spoiler Alert, Nemo wins.
If you get one now you can avoid the backorder delays once the Spring OJ hits the streets.
Nemo typically wins, this is true. Not this time around, though. Let me just say this, the most comfortable pad won that honor by a massive margin. Every tester that tried it agreed it was the most comfortable pad in the test, and probably the most comfortable pad any of us had ever tried.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94