Show us your Toyota 4runner, tacoma or truck.

john doe

Dont forget to weld up the leaky Sun Roof!

I may have an onboard air hook up for you, that is once I get my bracket figured out.

96 T100
Auto
Atlas2 3.8
D44 4.10
T100 rear 4.10 both getting a selectable of some sort
35 BFG KM2 MUD on 15x10 bead locks (not on truck in pictures.)
No more J-LO booty took 13 inches out.
Home built sliders.
Bumpers, bed/Roof rack as well as cage still need to be built. As well as getting rid of the god awful red.
I'm a Truck driver so I only get to wrench on it a few times a year but I'm going hammer on it this year. Going park the truck and the lady and I are going do a 2 to 3 month cross country overland trip.

eaneumann

Adventurer
3b0b70923858247c27c4202fd83a2771.jpg
295c8f6adba7d2c60464d8c75b96d5c9.jpg

Awesome Toyotas everyone, tons of inspiration in this thread!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OutOfBounds

Adventurer
Went out for the first hike of the year and the first off pavement trip with the new Cooper ST Maxx tires. Gotta say, I'm super impressed with the tires.

IMG_20170520_133745299_zps5rsxq8sm.jpg

b9ev

Adventurer
A couple of weekends ago my oldest and I were in my Tacoma. Vastly different than my F350. Some things it struggled at relative to the big truck and others it did much better due to the size. We had to go through about 50 feet of a deep mud puddle with ruts left by 35" and bigger tires. We had to go with a bit of speed but the water in the engine bay caused something to short and a couple of miles later where we stopped and turned off the truck the battery was dead. A very nice lady and her friend came along in a newer 4runner and gave us a jump.

20170513_143133_zpsee1cmira.jpg

20170513_143146_zpstiugpndl.jpg

Where I turned the truck off to let my daughter play in a mud puddle that we drove around (big mistake turning it off)

20170513_1600580_zpstve7jkx7.jpg

TBLOverland

Finally made the purchase. The chevy dealer was not fun to deal with and kept lying about certain things so I lost interest in the zr2. The Toyota dealer was knowledgeable, nice, and also hooked me up on this truck. Glad I chose to join the Taco family!

'17 Tacoma TRD Off-road

392e6ef048b55c8551f35720c4c2ca0b.jpg

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Finally made the purchase. The chevy dealer was not fun to deal with and kept lying about certain things so I lost interest in the zr2.
Nice ride! Interesting story. I've been looking at the ZR2. It's very different from the Toyota on the interior. Hugely different. Seemed like the ZR2 had almost no storage at all other than the center console. I'd be curious to learn what other factors you considered that made you choose one over the other. I've been sniffing around and thinking about a small truck for a while now. Just wish trucks weren't so ludicrously expensive!

TBLOverland

Nice ride! Interesting story. I've been looking at the ZR2. It's very different from the Toyota on the interior. Hugely different. Seemed like the ZR2 had almost no storage at all other than the center console. I'd be curious to learn what other factors you considered that made you choose one over the other. I've been sniffing around and thinking about a small truck for a while now. Just wish trucks weren't so ludicrously expensive!

Storage was a factor as well. The dealer said the ZR2s couldn't be order yet..that I knew was a lie as a friend had his ordered and in his driveway just last week. They said no St. Louis area dealers had them yet. The truck is made in Wentzville 20 minutes away and hit dealers pretty fast. I found two that had the one I wanted in stock. Immediately I noticed a Raptor like surge in price over MSRP. I was promised a LEO discount which is usually just over what they pay to get the vehicle. They quoted 48k...I just couldn't bring myself to pay over 40k for a midsize truck. The only thing my Tacoma doesn't have is a front locker and heated/leather seats. I have a '13 Ford Fusion with that and actually prefer the cloth so far. Also after market parts for the Tacoma are plentiful whereas the Colorado has next to nothing. And those new shocks concerned me being brand new. Hope that helped answer some of what you were wondering!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94