Table Mesa Rd.

kevin

Observer
Aaron, Calmini makes a 2.5 inch lift for the Vitara. I do not know how well it works, but I have great luck with their products in the past. If you plan on modifing your Vitara, you should visit this site. http://www.calmini.com P.S. they also have Trooper products.

datrupr

Expedition Leader
Thanks Scott, Thanks Kevin, and Thanks for the kind words Allen. I did have a great time and a good trip. We need to get together again with more people from the forums and do it again. I am going to go out again in a couple of weeks to find Gilette. I will keep everyone posted on that trip. :D

The BN Guy

Expedition Leader
Nice looking pix. Looks and sounds like everyone had fun. Nothing too difficult just some nice trail running. What makes it better is no one broke anything.

Attachments

• IMG00020-20110110-0949.jpg
    IMG00020-20110110-0949.jpg
    639.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG00017-20110110-0947.jpg
    IMG00017-20110110-0947.jpg
    818.1 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG00018-20110110-0948.jpg
    IMG00018-20110110-0948.jpg
    864.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG00016-20110110-0947.jpg
    IMG00016-20110110-0947.jpg
    823.7 KB · Views: 14

datrupr

Expedition Leader
It was a great day, gave us a chance to exercise 4 low and have a good time. I try not to break anything, I would rather not have to fix anything other than polishing out a few desert pinstripes.

Attachments

• Photo0327.jpg
    Photo0327.jpg
    936.5 KB · Views: 1
  • Photo0326.jpg
    Photo0326.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1

articulate

Expedition Leader
flywgn said:
...It was encouraging to us from the outset that Aaron, Colette, and Mark didn’t express any concern for these two “older” folks who had inserted themselves into the trip. We played it safe by volunteering to be the penultimate vehicle in the convoy...
Ah ha! So I see you failed to mention how you pulled our legs several times with your comments: Anyone in four-wheel drive yet?

Yes, I turned red in the face when I had to raise my hand; I was in low range, for the love. Besides, my main concern was laying on the nice-young-man act extra thick so I could be invited on another trip - perhaps even to Baja, hear more about the Arctic Circle and see the pictures. I'll bring my wife next time since female endorsement gets me much further than my charm.

Had Aaron not mentioned anything about not knowing where he was going, I wouldn't have known differently. Someone made a joke or two about "we're not lost just because we don't know where we are going." Mary Rose O'Reilley once wrote, "What seem to be mistakes are often gifts of the spirit." Cheers.

So, here we have a tailgunner's view of our humble adventurers (attached):
1. Aaron and Colette towards the end of the day
2. Allen and Diana, although not their best "sides"
3. And a self portrait
4. Oh, and a small gift from the Sonoran Desert

Thanks for letting me come along. See, I told you I wasn't an internet psycho killer. :ylsmoke: I'll have a full page with some pics of the ruins (and that handsome pair of pants we found) at my website next week. Stay tuned.

Salud,
Mark

Attachments

• crew_1.jpg
    crew_1.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 48
  • allen_nissan.jpg
    allen_nissan.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 45
  • water_crossing.jpg
    water_crossing.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 58
  • mountains2.jpg
    mountains2.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
Nice pics!!
Mark, that last one... :Wow1:

Attachments

• CIMG0006.jpg
    CIMG0006.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 5
  • CIMG0053.jpg
    CIMG0053.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 2
  • CIMG0051.jpg
    CIMG0051.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 5

datrupr

Expedition Leader
Mark, great pics! My evening water crossing pics did not turn out too well so I left them off. I can do a preview of the pants in the firepit pic, but I am sure yours is better. I took that last pic of yours and put on my desktop. Just a beautiful picture, how did I miss that ???

Anytime you want to hit a trail just give me a ring, I will probaly go! Even if you are an internet psycho killer, it was still good to hit the trails with you. :D

S

Scenic WonderRunner

Mark!..........

I just LUV this pic!

You've got magic hands bradda!

Keep up the GREAT work!!!!!

Attachments

• ArizonaDesertMoon!MarkStephens.jpg
    ArizonaDesertMoon!MarkStephens.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 51

datrupr

Expedition Leader
Just quick addition to this thread, I went on a solo adventure today, just wandering around and I found Gilette. Sorry, I was not expecting this adventure and did not bring my camera. All that is really left standing is very few remains of the old Grand Hotel and you can see a few structure foundations and some what looks like out house foundations. It is only about .5 mile from the Agua Fria River crossing. It is kinda cool and the ruins are in a kinda tucked away place. Anybody want to go and check it out let me know and I will tell you how to get there. :D

Scott Brady

Founder
Aaron,

Finding a place like that is always a thrill. And being there alone is even better, with no other noises. Just the cracking of your feet and your mind wondering to how it would have looked 80 years prior.

When we did NVTR, we pulled up to this one old mine remains and stopped the truck to get out (to find the waypoint marker) It was totally quiet. Then I heard this creaking noise and look up to see this old cabin door swing open. My heart kind of skipped a beat... but it was just the wind :cool:

Attachments

• Picture 263.jpg
    Picture 263.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 0
  • Picture 267.jpg
    Picture 267.jpg
    435.5 KB · Views: 0

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
Hmmm... I got rerouted by ATC while flying the otherday over this area, and based upon the GPS in the aircraft I was flying I think this area is pretty close to the coordinates of the First Annual Expedition Portal Rally this NOV. Not 100% sure since I was at 14,000', but I could make out Table Mesa Rd. and I-17, so with 1 mile equaling 5280' that would make our meeting location about + or - 2.65 miles from the intersection. (I have the Coordinates on my PDA)

Looks like a great trip! The pictures look incredible. Nice Posts and report guys! Thanks for the info.

WIL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior