Expo Portal Ham Radio Net - 18 DEC 07 @ 19:00 PST

Cabrito

I come in Peace
Bummer - I won't be able to make it

So it turns out I have to be away from my radio for the Expo Ham Net tomorrow. :( -
I guess I will just say to everybody to have a good Holiday and see you on the next net!

73 -
mg

crawler#976

Expedition Leader
Whoa! A net without Michael...

Merry Christmas, Michael, and we'll see ya on the next net!

Not sure if we're gonna try for the 1rst yet - we'll see tomorrow if there is any interest.

Mark

BogusBlake

2006 Expedition Trophy Champion
I probably won't make it tonight either.:( I've had to work late the past couple weeks and it looks like that's not done yet. Catch you guys next time!

Scott Brady

Founder
Ok, I am realizing an issue here. I do not have a 70cm radio... Only 2M. Am I out of luck now? The last time I connected on 147.560 I believe.

Need to get that Icom
multi-band....

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
it looks like the repeater in downtown phx I usually use is down but I connected thru a gilbertaz repeater 3797 on 70cm if anyone else wants to join without taking over another repeater...if you can reach this one that is...
447.650 -
pl 186.2

crawler#976

Expedition Leader
Lance, 8 PM AZ time!

Scott, bummer, but yeah, there is no 2M node with reflector access in the Prescott area...

Scott Brady

Founder
crawler#976 said:
Scott, bummer, but yeah, there is no 2M node with reflector access in the Prescott area...

Yeah, that was a bummer. I had my little HT with cool external antenna rock'in, a nice cup of coffee, and no one to talk to :)

Need to get 70cm now!

crawler#976

Expedition Leader
expeditionswest said:
Yeah, that was a bummer. I had my little HT with cool external antenna rock'in, a nice cup of coffee, and no one to talk to :)

Need to get 70cm now!

Indeed! The 70CM opens up a lot of repeaters - in some areas they are more prevalent than 2M.

...it's T-15 minutes and counting till the net starts!

TD64

Adventurer
TD64 said:
Okay, I just got home, grabbed a beer (Stone IPA) and I'm going to try and get in!

I have this repeater hooked up in Poway, CA. :
Node Number3505Node CallsignKF6HPGNode CityPowayNode Province/StateCANode CountryUSANode Owner/SponsorEarl Grad Ask a QuestionNode Latitude33.009033 NorthNode Longitude116.9733 WestNode Base Frequency (MHz)145.1800Node Offset Frequency (KHz)-600.0000Node CTCSS (Hz)/DCS 107.2AVRS StatusONode Website URLhttp://www.coraradio.com/Local node date/time19:22:08 on Dec 18 2007 PST Current Node Status:9251 for 0 days, 0 hours, 14 minutes, 32 seconds.Last heard from Node:19:08:27 on Dec 18 2007 PST

TD64

Adventurer
That was fun! :)

FYI - I am a new HAM and that was the first time I have linked up a repeater and talked on the radio! :wings:

It was nice chatting with all of you.

Waiting for a cigar...

Last edited:

RicardoJM

Thanks for setting this up and a good net. We had a bit of a late start here in Colorado as the IRLP node we intended to use to hook up was in use. The traffic signed off about 10 minutes past the hour and we connected right up after that.

Ricardo
KD0CAW

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke