Expo Portal Ham Radio Net - 18 DEC 07 @ 19:00 PST

crawler#976

Expedition Leader
... on the Western Reflector node #9251

Topic is: Fine Cigars, Scotch (my preference :D ) or other quality adult beverages, good freinds, and all the other items required for an enjoyable evening around the expedition campfire. I'll be acting as net control, but hopefully we have Lance along for the ride as our resident expert! At home indulgence is encouraged!

Please sign up below!

We need others to take the net control spot, and to suggest topics. Any volunteers?

Mark - KE7IXX

Brian McVickers

Administrator
Staff member
I will be driving at that time so this just may work!
Can you tell me exactly what to do:
frequency and settings?

Thanks
Brian
KE7JYZ

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
after months of waiting I will finally get to play on the radio with you guys...and the temps have cooled off nicely enough to make the port & cigar combo warm the insides perfectly....
Now to start thinking about what to have????
I think there are a few odd sticks floating around the leftovers humidor (once down to just a few in a box & I need the space in the wine cooler humi those sticks get dumped in a big table top humi).....pretty sure a Romeo y Juliet Prince of Wales (discountinued) or Partagas SD2 Limited Edition or if I really dig I think I still have 1 or 2 Punch Black Prince from 10+ yrs old when they stil made them.
Oh and for beverage....here I am a simple man of taste...port of the twany style..Delaforce, Dewars, of course Fonseca....something smokey & sweet to balance the cigar but not overwhelm it.
I have a friend going to Habana dec 7th and not sure if he will be back in time to join the net...if so I will have him over to the house and get him on the air since I can act as control operator of the radio. This is the first year in a long time I didn't make it to Habana and I am missing it.
Oh well spring harvest '08 should be doable.

crawler#976

Expedition Leader

BogusBlake

2006 Expedition Trophy Champion
Ill be enjoying some kind of fine local microbrew. Maybe Ill pick up some of Breckenridge's small batch ESB or something from Odel... I'm already getting thirsty!:beer:

Brian McVickers

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Mark,
Well I thought this was for December 7th but I think I read the post wrong.
So on December 18 I will be in Phoneix. I'll take a look at the links you provided,
Thanks for the help
Brian

crawler#976

Expedition Leader
Brian,

Lance is using a node in Phx - maybe he'll chime in on which one it is, and if he's already brought it up, you both can use it!

crawler#976

Expedition Leader
expeditionswest said:
I am going to try :)

Hey Scott!

Our local IRLP node has moved to 70CM @ 442.35 with a Pl Tone of 100.00. It's now on top of Glasford Hill, and has much better range than the simplex node did.

I'd be glad to join you at a meeting point of your choice and turn the Expo Ham Radio Net over to you!

Mark

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles